Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one went out to a talented young player. Based on an Innerforce ALC, soft, spinny and perfect for a controlled offensive game. Composition: Limba / Ayous / ALC / Ayous / ALC / Ayous / Limba Weight: 86.7g Thickness: 5.75mm Freq.: 1270Hz Balance: 2.9cm (Low/Med)
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    I don't recall exactly because I just tested it briefly a while ago. I remember it had a nice soft feeling and thinking that I could easily use this blade myself.
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    There are some blades like that, the Persson Powerplay is one that comes to mind (actually the only one). I tried that myself on a couple of occasions. In this one I used it just before the top layer, the composition was similar to the Revoldia. Perfectly usable blade, not very fast but a...
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks! It seems you are not the only one to think that, it was sold already 🙂
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    My first incursion with Soft Carbon in a classic composition. Nice woody feeling and feedback but with a more stable hitting area. Still a relatively high throw blade that is somewhere in the Off- range. Handle is Indian Rosewood with a Padauk cap. Available FS. Composition: Limba / Soft...
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    Oh, that's a nice compliment, thank you 🙂
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    This reminds me of something 🤔 Composition: Framiré / Aramid / Framiré / Kiri / Framiré / Aramid / Framiré Weight: 82.5g Thickness: 5.65mm Freq.: 1356Hz Balance: 2.4cm (Low)
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    I see some interest in combi blades so here's one I recently made. This one is inner Limba/ALC on one side and outer ZLC/Koto on the other, with an Ayous core. The difference in composition is not big enough to create a massive speed distinction between sides. However, there is definitely a...
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    Damn Padauk, why you so pretty? Composition: Limba / Ayous / SZLC / Kiri / SZLC / Ayous / Limba Weight: 88.6g Thickness: 5.80mm Freq.: 1400Hz Balance: 2.4cm (Low)
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    I also thought the same when I finished it, but I can guarantee this one was totally improvised.
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    The difference a top ply makes. Blue fig is soft, almost as soft as Ayous, so even at 6.15mm this blade is not stiff at all. The feeling is relatively soft, but speed wise it is faster than the frequency reading suggests, probably in the Off- range. Available FS. Composition: Blue Fig / Ayous...
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    Back by popular demand 😁
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    Custom order. Mizutani ZLC inspired composition with a simple and classic handle look. Composition: Limba / ZLC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / ZLC / Limba Weight: 88.3g Thickness: 5.70mm Freq,: 1442Hz Balance: 2.3cm (Low)
  14. Blades with two sides?

    There are two main variables that define the speed of a blade, stiffness and hardness. They are closely related and it's hard to change one without changing the other. Stiffness is dictated by the stiffness of the individual plies and their relative distance. So, as Baal pointed out, when you...
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thank you Anton 🙂
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    Sure, you have my website in my signature with a lot of info, as well as some of the ready made blades for sale.
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    The owner of this blade was looking for a 5 ply with roughly the same performance as the Tibhar Stratus Power Wood, but with a little more flex and speed, and also a handle that would fit his big sized hands. I'm glad to say that we were able to achieve that 🙂 Composition: Black Limba / Yellow...
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    I think I will showing the frequency measurement, it just confuses people. Frequency is related to stiffness, and although that is related to speed, it is not the only variable. In this case, this frequency is actually lower than other inner zlc blades I made in the past. Why? Because I used...
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    That's Padauk, I use it a lot. But in that case the endgrain is facing up, that's why it has that texture. The weight is not too bad, around 750 Kg/m3 (medium heavy).
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    I'm making this one available on the website. It is based on an Apolónia ZLC but with SZLC instead, which gives some extra speed in the higher gears and a larger sweetspot. Composition: Black Limba / Ayous / SZLC / Ayous / SZLC / Ayous / Black Limba Weight: 88.3g Thickness: 5.60mm Freq.: 1320Hz...
Top