Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    I made this blade this blade before the new LYJ blade came out. The owner wanted the same design but at the time there was only one really unclear photo around. From that photo we cold see the the handle was green but as it turns out there are a few more colors in there 😅 Composition: Koto /...
  2. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    I was gonna post the finished blade but I will have to delay it a bit longer. Not trying to create suspense, it's just one final detail that's missing to put it all together.
  3. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    Nice to know, but I think you have to ask Der which one he is. Probably all of them, depending on the day of the week 😁
  4. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    Ok, let's get this cat out of the bag. When Der set the requirements for the blades an Innegra outer composition immediately came to mind. I haven't used I-C with Koto before so I thought it would be a good opportunity, I just needed a softer medial ply to tame the speed a bit and improve the...
  5. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    Thanks! Definitely not an easy jog, especially with this rock hard ebony.
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    These are getting popular. My Innegra inner composition, customized with a 158x152mm head size and a big ST handle with the German flag. Composition: Black Limba / Black Limba / Innegra-Carbon / Ayous / Innegra-Carbon / Black Limba / Black Limba Weight: 87.5g Thickness: 5.75mm Freq.: 1250 Hz...
  7. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    Finished the blade yesterday. Just waiting so see if a final detail is going to happen or not. In the meantime here's one more pic before I post the result.
  8. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    I'm more afraid of termites than the Goon Squad. A Goon Squad of termites would be the worst case scenario. One more step in the process. I think by now the final design is easy to see.
  9. FS: SDC Blades

    #91 Sold
  10. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    Ok, I was kidding after all. That is a blade, just not for Der. I just found it funny that a blade I'm working on at the same time, is almost the polar opposite to what Der requested. So he gets a Koto outer ply. I normally start by gluing the outer layers, then I glue those to the core. Pretty...
  11. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    Humor and deception? I have no idea what you are talking about 🤨
  12. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    This is the thread I will use to document the building process of Der's blade for the blademaker's challenge. One thing I learned after some time building blades, is that sometimes the customer is very wrong about what he thinks he wants. This is such a case... So I decided to give him...
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    Sugar, spice, and everything nice. Wait, that was the Powerpuff girls... All sorts of quality wood of course, as well as the ocasional composite. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  14. FS: SDC Blades

    #183 added
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    I made this experiment because I always wanted to make a blade with thick and hard outer layers. My intention was to make it stiff and relatively hard, maybe for a modern chopper who also needs some power to counter attack. As such, it's still a reasonably fast blade, probably in the Off- range...
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    I'm very convinced that is in fact ALC, that's why I'm calling it as such in my posts. Definitly not Diolen or Dyed Kevlar, it's much different than those two. Anyway, whatever it is, after much trial and error it is the closest I have to Butterfly's ALC. Not the same weave pattern they use but...
  17. Blade Makers' Challenge - Custom Der_Echte Blade Requirements

    I was just posting one pic to get the games started. I'm documenting the build but my idea was to make a thread once it's complete. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  18. Blade Makers' Challenge - Custom Der_Echte Blade Requirements

    Started working on this today. Told you I was going to use Ebony [emoji846] Lot's of work ahead, too late to turn back now... Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks for the tip. I actually had to do that in this case because the first hole I drilled was for my regular 12mm logo, then I had to clean up the mess with the 15mm one but it still wasn't enough.
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    I might as well show a couple more pics from Ame's blade. Full disclosure. Balsa is a pain in the a** to work with, especially with thick cores such as this one. It's very soft so it's hard to get a clean edge while routing. Cleaning up the edges is also hard because ZLC is very resilient, so...
Top