Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades - website launch

    Thank you! It seems the first bug was found, the website is not working without the "www", got to sort that out.
  2. SDC Handmade Blades - website launch

    My website is finally ready - www.sdcttblades.com It contains a lot of info on what I do, as well as a small shop with some of my ready made blades. Feel free to visit and leave your comment 🙂
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    There is a lot of technical info behind the measuring procedure that I don't want to get in to, but basically what you need to know is: You just need one bounce one the center of the blade. The ball height just needs to be enough to get a clear reading. Ball height won't affect the the peak, any...
  4. Butterfly Moonbeam handle swap - SDC

    Finally managed to fix the photos, they should be visible now.
  5. FS: SDC Blades

    #214 added
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    My tribute to the master! JO Shape, with Yellow Pine medial ply instead of Spruce for more power. Available in my FS thread. Composition: Limba / Yellow Pine / Ayous / Yellow Pine / Limba Weight: 88.4g Thickness: 5.65mm Freq.: 1270Hz Balance: 2.8cm (Low)
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    Probably something between 1290-1390Hz. But you can easily measure that yourself.
  8. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    Mas's blade was just delivered so it shouldn't be long for your blade to be delivered too.
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    I think it was there for a couple of days but it was already sold.
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    The weight would increase about a couple of grams, not because of the bamboo, which weighs about the same as the "ebony", but because yellow pine is much heavier than WRC. This one came out with ~74g, just for the blade itself without handles, the handles weighed 40g. Speed would also increase...
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    It's not real ebony but reconstituted ebony, similar to the one used on the gauzy sl for example. It's still hard and heavy, but not as much as the real thing. I didn't try the blade nor will I because it was a custom order. But the owner is out there, perhaps he can comment with his...
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    I have used it before in the core but never as a top layer. I haven't tested the blade but it felt springy, like an harder spruce. But then again it's hard to pinpoint this to the top layer since everything on this blade was designed to make this side springy, from the spruce core to yellow pine...
  13. Butterfly Moonbeam handle swap - SDC

    Thank you Der. It turns out I can still upload pictures directly in my main thread, but in this one I get an error. Don't know what's happening here.
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    Commissioned combi blade. I think this is the heaviest I've ever made, but with a balance so low, it felt just like a regular 90g blade. However, the most interesting part was the feeling, the combination of characteristics gave it an incredible elasticity, almost like a slingshot. Composition...
  15. Butterfly Moonbeam handle swap - SDC

    I'm not sure, I was uploading pictures directly from my PC but I ran out of storage space so I embedded the link. The pictures aren't appearing on the pc but they appear on tapatalk tough, anyone know what's happening?
  16. Butterfly Moonbeam handle swap - SDC

    Just wanted to share some photos of a repair job on these two Butterfly Moonbeams. The job was to replace the rusted black tag on the ST one and to change the handle on the AN for an ST, including the plastic and metal tags.
  17. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    Mas's blade is the first one on this thread, the composition is Ayous / Spruce / Carbon / Ayous / Carbon / Spruce / Ayous
  18. FS: SDC Blades

    #201 sold
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    A commission for a Kong Linghui Special remake. Composition: Hinoki / ALC / Kiri / ALC / Hinoki Weight: 82.9g Thickness: 5.7mm Freq.: 1550 Hz Balance: 2.7cm (Low)
  20. FS: SDC Blades

    It was #110, but I just realized I had it for sale on ebay but not here, my bad...
Top