Search results

  1. What drills to do to reach solid 1500 USATT?

    Falkenberg Falkenberg Falkenberg
  2. Please help me choose non-chinese rubber for beginners!

    Butterfly Rozena Donic Baracuda Xiom Vega Europe Take your pick. I am partial towards Xiom.
  3. Changing rubbers to change technique.

    Long Pips!!! Pips! Coz' many claims it is the pathway that many deem to be unnatural.
  4. Ultimate Table Tennis: India's Pro TT League.

    Some confirmed foreign talent that has signed-up for the 2024 Season: Bernadette Szocs (Romania), Alvaro Robles (Spain), Lily Zhang (USA), Sakura Mori (Japan), Orawan Paranang (Thailand), Andreas Levenko (Austria), Yangzi Liu (Australia), Mihai Bobocica (Italy), Cho Seungmin (South Korea)...
  5. I find that doing sparring matches is a really good way to improve and get sharp

    We know you to be a TT player for some time now. Question is, why after so long only you discover sparring or match play is great way to improve? I mean, what have you been doing these long time? Robot? Wally Rebound board? Very strange question to be asked by someone who has been playing for...
  6. Does training in the basement make sense?

    actually this question is rather moot, basement player are basement player by circumstances, not by design. Usually people who have no access to nearby proper TT club have to resort to such condition of play, that is, basement play.
  7. News from India

    They still have caste system? Thought it has been made illegal since attaining independence?
  8. How much training and how to train to become a professional?

    If you use pips, you can less 25% of training time...coz' pips are pathway to things some deem unatural.
  9. What additional titles will put FZD as equally decorated as ML (besides another Olympics gold ofc)?

    I will always remember FZD for two things: 1. The hotel room incidence. 2. The Taylor-gate incidence. Just kidding.... Seriously I will always remember with awe when FZD enters into "THE BEAST MODE". He is on a whole different level when he activates his BEAST MODE.
  10. Shakehand advanced grip as taught by China renowned coach.🤓

    Tonight I revisited this new advanced grip again and played a good number of sets with the new grip. My thoughts are as follows: 1. If one does not use the wrist flexion in your topspin stroke, like yours truly, then I opine that this grip has no advantage compared to the conventional grip. 2...
  11. What additional titles will put FZD as equally decorated as ML (besides another Olympics gold ofc)?

    FZD retirement plan: Work in Taylor Swift's crew. Follow her touring...
  12. Heard about this lately.... SYS vs CM

    Imagine yourself as Ma Lin, both your students are fighting for gold. Who should you cheer for? Apply this scenario as a whole to CNT. You will understand it better.
  13. Heard about this lately.... SYS vs CM

    This is what I hear from my club mates who are more veteran. They say, CM vs SYS, both are also CNT. Whoever win the medal, the glory is still CNT. Hence they, the CNT need to remain stuff upper lip as to not show emotion to whoever that win because whoever wins, is still a win for CNT. Hence...
  14. Reverse Pendelum Serve vs Hook Serve

    Tony, These days, I too get to play with academy trained U13 / U15 /U17 type players. I also see these upcoming star players emulate their idol, in the sense, they too hide the serve with their body / head just like WR#1 Mr. WCQ. The coach also do not admonish them because these action help...
  15. Reverse Pendelum Serve vs Hook Serve

    Reverse Pendulum Serve looks uber cool and makes you look IG / Tik-Tok / YT worthy. All the hawt girls / guys cannot stop looking at your reels.
  16. Has anyone tried Donic Baracuda or Baracuda Big Slam?

    also for Baracuda, you really need to close your bat more than usual when looping forward or else the ball will overshoot. It is just one of those peculiarity of this rubber. I believe the magic word is high throw rubber.
  17. What additional titles will put FZD as equally decorated as ML (besides another Olympics gold ofc)?

    Additional FZD title: 1. The only CNT player to have his personal belongings stolen from his hotel room. 2. A bona-fide Swifties' fan. Beat that ML! NB: I bet ML cannot even belt out a single stanza from any Taylor Swift's song. FZD >>> ML.
Top