Search results

  1. Ma Long's backhand.

    Here is my anecdotal statement: 1. I played on Tuesday night and I consciously do the arm flailing action ala Style Ma Long. 2. The ball increase power and spin and my unsuspecting opponent block out or the ball fly sideways due to side spin. 3. Tried to do it in game play but not easy as in...
  2. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Aruna's BH is looking good!
  3. What happened to Darker?

    I have been playing with Ariex 2.5 years already in lieu of DS90. I manage to successfully convinced myself.
  4. What happened to Darker?

    Ariex from Taiwan. But not just any Ariex, Ariex bespoke. As for rubber, it has always been max both side. Popeye arm me has. Blush!
  5. Darker Party!

    I was so sad before as I too love one ply pure kiso-hinoki but I am a shakehander and not J-Pen. Then I found brand Ariex and they are willing to do bespoke, now I am sad no more.
  6. What happened to Darker?

    I play shakehand. I used to play DS90 and it is now in my collector drawer. After playing with a 10.5mm monster which is bespoke, I find DS90 too, boring and tame, like dating the girl next door. BTW, DS90 has never done this before, whereas the Monster 10.5mm has, on many occassion.
  7. Fancy blades are just not worth it

    You can start playing in the league again, win it, and be a Hipnotic sponsored player. Heck, I bet Hipnotic will also sponsor your jersey as well... NDH Super ZLC straight handle 5+2 @Euro 199.00 inc VAT. Buy now get a NDH signed T-shirt too. It would be so cool to have a real life sponsored...
  8. Anti players from Taiwan

    Friend Quanx2, In the professional space, mainly only the female that still use anti / pips. Whereas, in the male space, hardly anyone uses these unconventional set-up. I only know of Luka who uses anti. In your opinion, why is this so?
  9. Fancy blades are just not worth it

    but but but NL... Fast Tensor lets you break things into halves. Super satisfying!!!
  10. The 5 most impactful feedback lessons

    1. Move your legs. 2. Move your darn legs. 3. Muv yer fecking darn legs. 4. Move your legs or you'll have to dodge hot lead. 5. All of the above.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Not all ball is made the same, some are less tolerance towards the vigour and rigour of modern offensive game. NB: Don't blame me, it's the Tenergy's fault. I am innocence ok! It wasn't me.
  12. When do you discard a 3 star ball?

    This is a good reason to change the ball...
  13. Fancy blades are just not worth it

    Yup! Fancy blade @ USD 2,280.00 is just not worth it. I totally agree.
  14. Ma Long's backhand.

    Yes! Yes! Yes! The Ti Long's video is the one where Ti Long showed the BH from a Martial Art Perspective. Once I glanced through this video and totally forgotten about it.
  15. Ma Long's backhand.

    You say we critique ML's BH? In all the post above, the way I understand it is, all the responders have nothing negative to say w.r.t. ML's BH, instead we are all admirer of ML's BH. So far, all of us :love: ML's BH. Maybe I misunderstand your post?
  16. Ma Long's backhand.

    Tomorrow is my next practice session & I am going to try it again and see how it feels to play ML's BH style. I had a good session with some lower skill players on Sunday, I will try again against some higher level player tomorrow and see how it goes. Stay tuned. What I really like or what this...
  17. Help with shortening movements / being more compact

    Having large swing, having short swing, both are legit way of playing. If you are naturally a large swinger and after doing many changes, you still cannot kick the habit of large swing, then just embrace it. If you will stick with large swing, one thing it works better is to move your body...
  18. Ma Long's backhand.

    Yes, you see it correctly, I am starting a thread to talk about Ma Long's backhand. His FH is done to death, so no, I am not gonna talk about his FH. My question being why Ma Long does what he does with his backhand? Here are my guesses. Feel free to contradict me or add your own observation...
  19. Hinoki deeper study

    This issue of no more hinoki has been at the back of my mind too. What should I go to if one day my Gozo Avenger Mark 1 gets broken beyond repair? What is the alternative? Clipper? FZD? Viscaria? Rosewood?
  20. Side tape REALLY change the feeling or not? What do you think?

    No edge tape? Preposterous! How dare you? What if during such violent and vigorous play you accidentally damage the club table? Dent it for example. How will you compensate the club owner. Do you even have adequate third party liability insurance? Or USD 450.00 spare cash on stand by? Edge...
Top