Search results

  1. Austrian Open 2018

    Calderano has more tics than Nadal :p
  2. DHS H301 vs. Butterfly Viscaria

    I never played with Viscaria but i have a feeling i wouldn't like it very much. However, after playing with the DHS301 i have found that i don't like it at all. It is very low throw for my game, and very slow on the lower gears. I paired it with several rubbers but the outcome was always the...
  3. Austrian Open 2018

    Lin played well against Dima but had some lucky points in critical moments. Park was very frustrated near the end against Calderano.
  4. Rubbers for T11

    It doesn't seem a good combo in my opinion. T11 is stiff and hard, AK47 Blue is soft and bouncy. It's a fast combo with little dwell and control, not very allround...
  5. What’s the composition of these blades? (See pictures)

    It's not only de Janka hardness that matters, and in this case they are close enough that we can assume they equivalent. However, koto is stiffer than anigre by 2 GPa. All other variables being equal, a koto blade will feel stiffer than anigre. But i don't know the composition of the YSE and...
  6. What controls the sweet spot in all-wood blades?

    The sweet spot is basically stiffness. The way tt blades are shaped, the maximum stiffness is located in alignment with the handle. However, wood is an orthotropic material, meaning that the mechanical properties are not equal in all directions. The maximum stiffness is along the grain. As such...
  7. 729 Bloom series, any opinion?

    This is my review of the Bloom Power (2.2mm, 45º). The rubber was boosted with 3 layers of seamoon, and glued to a DHS H301. I can compare it to the B2 prov. (2.1mm, 39º), which is the rubber i'm using now, but on all wood custom blade (similar to Korbel) so there are some differences there...
  8. Swedish Open 2018

    Weird. In the match between Truls and Romain, at about 4:05 the ball bounces on Romain's side of the table but both players and the referee continue the point.
  9. T League - Japan's New TT league

    I guess it must be a player who has reached top10 in the past.
  10. 729 Bloom series, any opinion?

    Ok, I withdraw my first statment, the rubbers are vacuum sealed but I'm not sure they are tuned. I glued the bloom power to the DHS 301 but couldn't play with it because it was soooo slow. So I'm boosting the rubber with 3 layers of seamoon and will try again on monday. But i have a few...
  11. 729 Bloom series, any opinion?

    Today I received a sheet of bloom spin and bloom power. I will make a review after testing them. All i can say for now is they are factory tuned, unlike Battle 2 prov., and the packaging is much better as OP stated.
  12. Homemade table tennis blade

    Yes, i was talking about using PU for the composite layers. I don't know if would work with carbon, but i found this report of good results with glass fiber so i might try it. https://www.swaylocks.com/groups/polyurethane-glue-fiberglass
  13. Homemade table tennis blade

    I never used epoxy in my blades and probably never will because i feel PU gives great results. Also, i was wondering if it could be used as a substitute for resin and found it can be done, so i'm gonna try that in the future, maybe with glass fiber at first.
  14. Core woods for blade building

    It depends. Some players prefer harder woods while others like the feeling of softer woods. It also depends on the weight that your trying to achieve with your blade.
  15. balance between active and passive play

    Maybe we've met before. Now i play for S.Cosme but played for Ginásio de Valbom, NCR Valongo and CENAP (Aveiro) in the past.
  16. Dwell Time .....

    And just to answer brokenball. For me dwell time means more control, not so much because of the "time" aspect, but because i have more feedback. And i think this is Lightzy point, all we care as players is the feedback, but that doesn't mean we cant try to understand what is really happening...
  17. Dwell Time .....

    Ok, i have to chime in again. You seem o confuse a lot of stuff, i never talked about ball deformation. Also, saying something doesn't matter just because you think it doesn't metter doesn't make it true. In a shot, the ball comes in contact with the rubber, the rubber and sponge compress, the...
  18. Men's World Cup 2018

    I think he lost some fat, so his legs look fuller.
  19. Men's World Cup 2018

    Is it me or Timo's reverse pendulum serve is always over the table?
  20. balance between active and passive play

    OrienteTT, where do you coach?
Top