Search results

  1. Discussion: Is it worth trying to slow the game down again?

    So what, do you want a game where in 3 years you can have the same skills than after 10 years?
  2. Discussion: Is it worth trying to slow the game down again?

    Yes! When I came back to TT 3 years ago, I saw 'low ranked' players do things that I never did even if I was 500 or 600 points above before. I even believed it was pointless to play again seriously. But I saw myself being able to develop a very different game than before, and it all became very...
  3. Discussion: Is it worth trying to slow the game down again?

    I have to add that the game is easier also for myself. I stopped 13 years between 2010 and 2023. And now, I can do way more things than I was able to do in 2010 when I was at my peak. The drawbacks are that my BH and my serves are less lethal than before, but in every other sectors, I'm "better".
  4. Big Upset with W968 Golden Grand Slam Version

    I have no splinter at all on my King aCB or 301. I sealed them with Gewo varnish and I use Sueke/Suke glue.
  5. Discussion: Is it worth trying to slow the game down again?

    Ping pong is pretty accessible to low level. People play ping pong casually everywhere in the world, on stone tables, with stone or steel nets. They enjoy it. In every camping in the world you have tables and people can play. Ping pong is way more accessible than tennis, that requires a lot of...
  6. What tt rubbers and blades do you think are the most overpriced that are still being produced?

    Vary Spin, Mark V and any other rubber that still existed in 1990. That's ridiculous to let them in the catalogue of the different brands, and they still cost 40€ when any 3€ AliExpress rubber has better performance. Edit : Yasaka Mark V exists since 1969. Almost 60 years in the catalogue. How...
  7. Discussion: Is it worth trying to slow the game down again?

    Why would we create that? Ping pong is slow enough for hobbyist. Whatever the change you'll make, bad players will lose to good players. At the end, the most capable players are prevented to express their skills because of the rules asked by bad players. We have the perfect example at tennis...
  8. Discussion: Is it worth trying to slow the game down again?

    For people wanting to slow the game, have you played with the 38mm balls, or even the celluloid 40mm? The game is so much easier for amateur player right now. At equal level, people can do way more thing than before. Even in not even regional level, people can do top spin regularly during a...
  9. Discussion: Is it worth trying to slow the game down again?

    Slowing down TT like it has been made for tennis will kill it. Speed and creativity won't matter and only power and stamina will prevail. Standardization of the surfaces in tennis killed backhand players and volleyers. You have only one kind of player now, and the same finals on any tournament...
  10. Discussion: Is it worth trying to slow the game down again?

    Like in any other discipline in the world.
  11. Best Chinese sticky rubbers that don't need boosting

    Depends on your play style and level. Telson 100 or Rxton VII 37º can be OK at intermediate level. Arthur China is probably better though.
  12. Best Chinese sticky rubbers that don't need boosting

    Big Dipper is probably the closest in weight, it's the only one with a dense blue sponge. In term of spin, I'm not a machine and can't tell how fast a ball is spinning without spinsight, which I don't have access to. My impression is that the 3 I mentioned and the H3 Neo spin the same.
  13. Andro NUZN 48 Review: Faster and More Dynamic Than NUZN 45, But Still Controllable

    I don't know that blade. The characteristics of the rubber should not change with the blade though.
  14. Best Chinese sticky rubbers that don't need boosting

    It's a good description. There are 3 chinese rubbers on which I felt the factory booster : - LAC - Big Dipper - Jupiter 3
  15. Zyre 03 Rubber Review with Dimitrij Ovtcharov!

    FZD seems to not give a shit about club competition. He lost games he would have never lost in WTT tournaments.
  16. Best Chinese sticky rubbers that don't need boosting

    It depends on your level. And if Arthur China needs to be boosted for you on a 5 plys blade, then all chinese rubber will need to be boosted. There's no chinese rubber as dynamic as Arthur China, except the DHS Gold Arc tensors.
  17. Best Chinese sticky rubbers that don't need boosting

    Still Arthur China. It feels great on all wood or carbon blades without boosting.
  18. No umpires in USATT tournaments

    National club level. At my level, I never saw a score keeper calling out a serve, because it's impossible for a score keeper to see if a serve is legal.
  19. No umpires in USATT tournaments

    In France, even at National not pro level, the score keeper is a player, and he can deliver cards or call illegal serves. In tournament, when it comes after the group stage, there is not even a score keeper, players count the score themselves. Same in double games in team championship, unless...
Top