Search results

  1. UK Table Tennis Prospects

    I guess it comes down to money. I remember when Tom first won the nationals a couple of years ago, Matthew Syed wrote an article in the Times ripping TTE to bits, i agreed with every word. Link here if anyone is interested in reading it - https://ghostarchive.org/archive/opReU
  2. UK Table Tennis Prospects

    Good shout mate, let's hope that he keeps progressing!
  3. UK Table Tennis Prospects

    How were the nationals? I went to the last couple, but the atmosphere was so poor last time, i didn't bother going this year. How did Tom Jarvis play? I guess TTE sees him as Drinkhall's eventual replacement? Maybe some of our prospects should go to France, they seem to be churning prospects...
  4. UK Table Tennis Prospects

    Yeah, i noticed that Louis is at the current Feeder event in Croatia and got knocked out in the first round of qualifying by an unranked Iranian. Considering that he's supposed to be one of our top prospects, i just think it's a bit worrying. Agree with you re Connor, credentials wise he's by...
  5. UK Table Tennis Prospects

    Any decent prospects coming through? Do you think the likes of Connor Green and Louis Price are going to be good enough to become top 20/30 players like Pitchford? For me, our international prospects seem to be in a bad way, especially the girls. Tin Tin is still dominating the domestic scene...
  6. ITTF/WTT problems reported from players

    Saudis are taking over loads of sports, boxing, golf etc, and they have deep enough pockets to keep the top players happy.
  7. Korea is doing something right

    Another feeder, another victory for Cho D. He's such a talent!
  8. ITTF/WTT problems reported from players

    I think table tennis is ripe for an external takeover. What would stop a powerful country/organisation setting up a super league where they pay the players directly? I could see someone like the Saudis doing it.
  9. I got sucked into the Butterfly hype

    Cheers buddy, what thickness would you recommend for the G1? I don't want the setup to be too head heavy... My TSPW is 86g..
  10. I got sucked into the Butterfly hype

    I stripped my old rubbers off it and accidentally took off some of the wood, being a noob at the time, I forgot to seal the blade when I purchased it. Now I'm not sure if the YSE has enough power, so I bought a Stratus Power Wood, I'm thinking about trying G1 on the FH and C1 on the BH and...
  11. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    Yeah, I usually do ok against guys with LPs in my league, especially the guys who just block and push with them, it's the ones who know how to hit and flick with them that are really difficult for me to deal with.
  12. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    Not very high, just local league. I have nothing against LPs by the way, but in our league there's loads of old guys playing with LPs & Anti, every other match usually features at least one player with them. On the rare occasion I go for a knock around, I just can't be bothered playing...
  13. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

    LPs shouldn't be banned, but there's no real enjoyment in playing against them, and I would never invite a LP player to a practice session.
  14. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    Just my opinion going off current form. Alexis time will come.
  15. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    I'd pick Gauzy over Alexis for the Olympics.
  16. Next Steps with TT equipment

    What does your Dad think? If he plays at a high level and knows your game, presumably he can give you some good advice.
  17. 2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

    What's the official reason for WCQ pulling out?
  18. I got sucked into the Butterfly hype

    Haha i wish I'd carried on playing table tennis!
  19. I got sucked into the Butterfly hype

    Ok so this is my TT story. I played a lot when i was a junior, had formal training and got myself to a reasonable standard (UK county player) then when i turned 18/19 i discovered alcohol and women and decided that i couldn't be bothered with it anymore. Fast forward 15 years, i went on...
  20. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Boll is such a legend, although I'm still not happy with him for pulling out the recent WTT Manchester feeder. I'm glad the umpire finally called out Lin's serves
Top