Search results

  1. Should I buy DHS Long 5

    Sure why not? If you are a FH dominant, enjoy a looping game, prefer to loop for a winner on FH. Then it is for you. I also have a Long V. One thing I like about it is the superb ergonomics design of the handle. It feels good to hold it. I feel like I want to loop all day long, but my looping...
  2. Need advice for buying my second bat.

    Can't go wrong with this very popular rubber.
  3. Need advice for buying my second bat.

    It is not about time, it is about skill set. T05 Hard has an ESN equivalent sponge hardness of 50. As a comparison, a super-duper fast rubber like MXP has an ESN equivalent sponge hardness of 47.5. A hard sponge you need both athleticism and technical know-how to properly engage the sponge...
  4. Need advice for buying my second bat.

    T05 Hard. Are you under proper training by a qualified coach. If yes, consult your coach if this is right for you. If no, don't be so gung-ho on the Hard. T05 Hard also means Hard to use.
  5. Different style setups depending on opponent?

    One set-up to rule them all. Emma Watson set-ups. One for each occasion.
  6. Is there a very spinny rubber with good control?

    Donic Baracuda. Remember its marketing tag line is " The rubber with vicious spin "
  7. Next step to improve: flicking the serve return

    1. Dominant side legs move in all the way in and under the table. 2. Arms relax 3. Elbow bent and relax ( do not do not leave hands out-stretched, is a big NO-NO )
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Who needs SPIN when you could HULK SMASH everything. Thanks to ESN super trampoline rubber. You are the best things since sliced bread. Woo-Hoo!!!
  9. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Thanks NL for your pointers. I can't say much but just try to build my game that I am comfortable with. About the spin, I do not seem to be able to spin much during game but rely on smash / flat hitting to get the points. In stroking I can spin well. After much thinking, I self-diagnose my...
  10. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Mini tourney today. It was close, I won the first set and third. In the fifth and final set, the score was 11-9 in my opponent's favour. However I was generally pleased with my game play as I was able to execute my tactics. in total I played four games; I won two games and lost two, all four...
  11. How do you deal with the float push?

    Option 1: if pure no spin then BH Punch Option 2: if slight backspin then chop or slice underneath to add more backspin Option 3: Drive but must be aware of how much spin is on the incoming ball ( some experience / spin reading is required )
  12. How do you deal with the float push?

    easily fixed when you start to use Dignics / Tenergy / any other Butterfly rubber; in no particular order. Gozo: Helping the EJ community since 2021
  13. European Games 2023

    NL, can you share this video in particular? I wanna watch Bernie's looping where you specifically mentioned this trait presence.
  14. Content Pulled from The Hijacking of GrandMaster's Thread

    Dang it Carl, You have forgotten to mention Pickleball.
  15. Describe your playstyle!

    HULK SMASH style! 反 手 照 机 会 正 手 抢 分 数! Open up with BH; Smash with FH. NB: I've no idea which pro plays like this, if you know some pro who plays like this do share with me. Will watch some video to for self motivation.
  16. Illegal long pips are actually very fun to play against.

    The above is a famous life lesson that is applicable on how to response to trolls. Learn it well, Padawans.
  17. Taipei Youth Cup 2023

    I'll be playing in an event / venue just like this one on 15.07.23. My coach signed me up and said it shall be my final exam. I hope to get some vid as well. You all can then LOL me then.
Top