Search results

  1. History in the making: Donic blade carrying a Malaysian TT player name

    For the very first time; a TT blade that carries the name of a Malaysian TT player name. Donic Feng Power is an all-wood blade that is named after Mr Leong Chee Feng, the top professional TT player from Malaysia. https://www.facebook.com/reel/233935662398006?s=single_unit Below is his...
  2. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    It has been five pages now, So the conclusion can we all agree that: 1. Being athletic is a boon for playing TT but it is not the be all and end all of it. 2. TT is a game of skill and strategy as well so a pure athletically gifted person can still lose to someone less athletic but more...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I went to my regular club to play yesterday and partnered an older player with less than ideal mobility in doubles game. I noticed that when a player does not move well and he appears in your periphery vision, his proximity presence really mess up your game. Being in the periphery means I am...
  4. I Played In A National Tournament; This Is My Diary

    1. It means the players are from all states. 2. No, the players are not going to represent the nation in International Games.
  5. I Played In A National Tournament; This Is My Diary

    1. Hang out with you guys at TTD ( j/kidding :ROFLMAO: ) 2. Stop EJ'ing. Quickly find a set-up you can rely on and move on to serious biz. Item No. 3 is very helpful to satisfy objective Nos. 2. 3. Hire a quality coach. Mine was an ex-National Player who was a Silver Medallist in MS ( ASEAN aka...
  6. I Played In A National Tournament; This Is My Diary

    It only appear like this in the video. Thank god. The qualifying rounds was held in a badminton hall, inside a very large logistic warehouse refitted to be a badminton hall.
  7. I lost my spark for playing TT

    Post No. 7 and we're back to talking about equipment. See, you are cured. Come to TTD more often, we keep you interested in TT. Always, 24/7.
  8. I Played In A National Tournament; This Is My Diary

    Confucius says, " A journey of a thousand steps always begins with the first step out of your home door "
  9. I lost my spark for playing TT

    At your level you should be hammering him 3-0, no wonder you seem confused. But nonetheless no big deal, a temporary set back that Butterfly can always fix.
  10. I lost my spark for playing TT

    You know what you are missing? I know you want it, you crave for it, it speaks to you in your ears, in your dream... You want these: FZD Super ZLC Dignics 09C Dignics 64 the most badazz combo on the planet.
  11. I lost my spark for playing TT

    Buy more rubbers & blade. This should rekindle your sparks. It worked for me until I found a coach and the real journey begins. Well, at least for me.
  12. I Played In A National Tournament; This Is My Diary

    Some photos and highlight shots. I hope you like them. I welcome questions and shall answer as best I can. p/s The two ladies on my right who are from the same state / province as I am also took the GOLD MEDAL in the WD event. The guy in the middle is our team manager, he took care of our...
  13. I Played In A National Tournament; This Is My Diary

    Next we come to the MD Finals 1. In this match, it was not as tough as the semi because my opponent has a weaker partner. My partner and I knew it and we exploited it to the max. The opponent is too reliant on the alpha. We won 3-1 in this final match and got the gold medal. 2. Video 1 of 4...
  14. I Played In A National Tournament; This Is My Diary

    MD SF games: 1. My partner and I won 3 vs 2. This was a tough match and both side played a very tight and tactical game. The score was tight, very tight indeed. We were tied at 2-2 and during the fifth and final set at 5:5 score-line, one side start to buckle under the pressure and started...
  15. I Played In A National Tournament; This Is My Diary

    Men's Double Progress Report: 1, In the MD side, at the round robin / qualifying state, we lost one match but won two to book a spot to progress to the knock-out stage tomorrow. My partner and I booked the second spot in our grouping. We were placed in Group C. 2. The next day, my partner and...
  16. I Played In A National Tournament; This Is My Diary

    Men's Single Progress Report. 1. I was placed in Group B out of a total of 8 groups. ( 8 groups x 4 pax per group = 32 players in the MS ). 2. Day 1 was all about round-robin and unfortunately, I was placed in a group with some stronger player than I am. I lost two games while only winning...
  17. I Played In A National Tournament; This Is My Diary

    Prologue: 1. Sometime in Jan-23 I saw in my email a link calling TT enthusiast for a try out to represent my state in an upcoming National Level Games. 2. I responded to the link and duly filled up my particulars. 3. During the try-out date, I went for it and got 3rd placing in the men's...
  18. I Played In A National Tournament; This Is My Diary

    Dear TTD community, I have already posted these same YT videos in the Safe Video Footage thread but they are all over the place. So, I shall open a dedicated thread to consolidate these videos for easy cataloging. I hope USDC aka moderator allow for these little private indulgence.
  19. How good will Lin Shidong be?

    The very first time I notice this young Turk was him beating Ma Long in China Internal Competition at the age of 15 or something thereabout. I thought he will be a one hit wonder ( there are plenty of those in China as superkids are dime a dozen in China ). It is perhaps it is time to take a...
  20. Backhand rubbers? Is d09c too much for a beginner-intermediate player?

    09C is like getting inside a Lambo. It is fast, sleek, hot & branded. But if you only use it for city driving and also does not use all those technical wizardry, you are over-paying for a means of transport. Better just get a Toyota Prius, it gets the job done at a fraction of the price.
Top