Search results

  1. Donic Blue Storm Series

    ( 42.5 + 47.5 ) / 2 = 45.0 😂
  2. What do you eat on holidays ?

    Second pic is pork offal in herbal soup with rice in soy sause.
  3. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Hello Brs and other responders to my previous video, Yesterday I had the opportunity to play with the same long pip player again. I tried to incorporate the various advises given here to make my game better and they included: 1. Serve dead ball to various placement. 50-50 chance success rate...
  4. Table tennis is the most difficult and frustrating sport I have ever played

    I wish to share a little experience I had recently. I fellow TT club mate of mine sent his kid for one-to-one private coaching ( same coach as mine ). This kid is in the U15 category and he was a complete noob. prior. After less than six months of proper coaching ( text-book style ), I had the...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Donkey of the day! Then I had my revenge... It felt so good...
  6. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    The way Michael phrase it sounded like it is a bad thing... I mean what is wrong with wanting to hustle some side income?
  7. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Hello everyone, It has been a long time since I last posted a video of my TT. Here goes. Below is a match of me playing against a better player who uses one side long pimple and the other side tacky rubber. Naturally I lost badly, I was so confused with the spin. I played like a headless...
  8. Hinoki blades with Chinese rubbers?

    I love your definition. It is easy to distinguish the two topspin style. My natural tendency is to brush every ball but counter intuitively my coach prefers me to hit drive style instead. Now that another poster said Hinoki is more suited for duraibo / drive style, now I can understand more why...
  9. Hinoki blades with Chinese rubbers?

    I am very intrigued by your statement that I have bolded in part, that is to say: Drive style topspin versus loop style topspin. For the education of the masses, are you able to provide YT video of the difference between the two style of topspin? Your statement trigger my memory of what my...
  10. Use of forearm

    My ideal forehand will be where my elbow is far away from my body and I will lead the swing with my waist rotation and my arm moves freely following the twisting of my waist. The arc of forehand movement will be wide. This is my ideal when I am in good position. I love this stroke as the ball...
  11. Hinoki blades with Chinese rubbers?

    OK I'll bite and give my response. I could be wrong, but bear with me. In a nutshell, it could be due to the fact there are no very successful player historically that uses chinese rubber on one ply hinoki to start that trend. 1. Historically I believe that most of those one ply hinoki users...
  12. Table tennis is the most difficult and frustrating sport I have ever played

    I wrote about this problem some time ago in this very TTD forum. I was in the same boat as the thread starter. Some fellow club players mockingly said to me, " Hey Gozo, you have spent thousands of dollars under a coach, why do you still lose to us who have never taken coaching ha ha ha LOL LOL...
  13. Do you counterloop your opponents opening loop?

    Couter looping is an advance skill set that is wonderful to acquire and built on. If a player who can counter loop consistently, he will surely move up a notch or two. Regular players or hobby players are quite happy to be able to block looping back consistently. I am in the opinion, counter...
  14. Kou Lei vs Ayano

    From my personal experience, a lower skilled player ( intermediate level and above ) can get one set from a higher skilled player quite regularly especially if they are meeting irregularly or not familiar with each other play style. Heck it is very often that I can get the first four to six...
  15. Are you allowed to refuse to play against someone ?

    My two cents worth: If the tourney comes with a prize or some position say in a league or something then by all means make a ruckus and complain to the referee on duty. If it is just a friendly, then just play for fun and make friends, not enemies. Choose your battlefield. One does not need...
  16. What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

    Note to self: If I ever deem T05 to be beyond my budget and affordability, I will go back to MX-P for both my FH & BH. After using various ESN rubber, I empirically feel that MX-P has the closest feel to T05.
  17. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    As of now I am having so much trouble handling the existing LARC approved long-pips / short-pips and whatchamacallit pips rubber. I shudder to think how will I play againts those whatchamacallit aspecty-ratio thingy comes back to life again. I'll probably quit and play pickle-ball instead. Me no...
  18. DHS fans unite!

    DHS neoH3 national version is over-rated. Just keep the extra dollars in your pocket and get the commercial version or Friendship's Battle 2 for more happiness. The irony is Double Happiness does not bring so much happiness.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Just played in a local club tourney yesterday. Got myself 2nd runner up. Round Robin format. Singles only, no doubles. This event is organised by the Local Health Department Worker's Club. I am now being invited by them to represent their team at the National Level to be held next year in March...
  20. Fs : 1-plh Kiso Hinoki Blades

    So 7mm is the thinnest, what about the maximum upper limit for playability? 11? 12? 13 or 14mm? ...
Top