Search results

  1. Fs : 1-plh Kiso Hinoki Blades

    Friend Nico, I am a user of One Ply Kiso Hinoki, 10.5mm to be specific. I have chosen 10.5mm because I wanted to emulate my idol, Kim Taek Soo. However, my question to you is, at what thickness does a one ply hinoki becomes unplayable? What I am saying is, what is the limit to its thickness...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Hey! my BH is also roughly the same type as yours, Nick.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    In my coaching session, my coach tends to emphasize the first approach, he always wants me to be able to attack from both wings, How does he do that, we do a lot of random mutil-ball training. For some reason, he does not tend to favour me relying on the serve and attack game plan. Maybe he...
  4. Help with equipment next step

    I am also a user of One Ply Hinoki, 10.5mm to be specific. My coach highly recommended me Tenergy 05. I switched over to T05 a month ago, after ignoring his advice for one year because I was looking for a cheaper alternative, I tried various ESN rubber. Now that I have gone over to T05, I think...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I want to ask fellow TT lover this question, assist if you can. TQ. A while ago I was playing a FH dominant style, looping here and there but unfortunately I had a very weak BH. This Achilles heel syndrome cost me many points. Hence I work a hell lot on my BH and my BH problem is fixed. I...
  6. What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

    Ha ha ha! Friend, during my lesson last night, the topic of H3 did come up. My coach said, for hobbyist / amateur / non-pro players, T05 is better as it is easier on you. H3 only if you are really serious player and train everyday like the pros. Weekend players should just stick with T05 / ESN...
  7. What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

    About a month or so, I took the big leap of faith and bought a T05 for FH use, albeit a 2nd hand one as I am not sure how will I handle such a legendary rubber. So far, it has not disappoint me. Last night I brought the rubber to my coaching lesson for the first time and my coach definitely...
  8. Why is Stratus Powerwood wider at the bottom?

    Yes it seems to be wider blade than most. I am speaking from first hand experience as I had use this product before. I speculate it could perhaps to increase the area of the sweet-spot. In my opinion, this blade is a looper's delight. It was not too fast, more geared towards controlled...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I want to ask some more experienced players / long-time players or coaches this question, kindly assist: 1. Suppose you are good in topspin to topspin rally and you meet someone who is even better than you at your own game. Do you change your tactic to incorporate more short pushing game or do...
  10. Greetings from a SANWEI Official

    Aku tidak pakai raket Sanwei tapi saya cuma nak ambil kesempatan ini merasakan perasan cuit-hati kerana ada orang bukan Nusantara fasih berbahasa Melayu. Way to go Andrea!
  11. Top 10 Best Backhand Rubbers of All Time

    To be fair to him, I will say it is not that the writer forget about other style, but rather he is promoting equipment that commensurate with his own personal playstyle i.e, Two wing offensive shakehand. p/s I did ask Pingsunday owner what is his personal setup two years ago and he replied he...
  12. Does 1 ply Hinoki/Cypress need sealing?

    I am a current user of One Ply Hinoki. My vendor did advise me to put a sealant on it and I followed his advise. Already been using a year. No splintering issue so far. I have changed rubber many times on it FYI.
  13. which speed-category would you put bty primorac 5ply to?

    I have used Primorac before. It was a good blade. Very good quality. I will put a rating of Offensive minus for this product.
  14. Red and Black are different?

    just use ESN rubber, Both colours same quality. No difference. Save your dilemma.
  15. 5 Things Table Tennis Players Hate

    Pimples! I hate pimples! I lost to a 80 y/o aunty who uses long pimple on BH under five somemore. Then people will sarcastically / mockingly say to me, you pay so much money to get coaching, but why are you losing so badly to an old granny? I just have to shrug my shoulders and eat humble pie...
  16. Top 10 Best Backhand Rubbers of All Time

    I do follow his recommendation and so far so good for me. His recommendation is mainly for modern two wing offensive play-style with shakehand grip. If you wishes to play pimple or defensive style or short-pimple blocking style, then look elsewhere.
  17. What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

    I'll throw away my MXP soon, it is about a year old, and I am sure it has reached the end of its useful life. I am now using T05 as my FH, so, I'm now in the market to look for a replacement BH. Coincidentally USDC, my coach also recommended me T05fx as my BH replacement but not Rozena. He is...
  18. What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

    Yesterday was the first time I put a sheet of Tenergy 05 on my blade. I resisted T05 for so long, always thinking along this line: It is too pricey and is meant only for elite players. The opportunity to buy a sheet of T05 came when a club mate of mine bought a sheet, play it once and decided to...
  19. Forehand rubber recommendations?

    Long time user of MXP here ( one year ). I really like it a lot. The feature that I like most is its extreme trampoline effect.
  20. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Hi good people of TTD, It has been sometime since I posted any serious post. Here goes: I have been feeling suckish table-tennis wise for the past one month or so. I recalled I was playing well prior and was beating or close to beating more experience player in my club. I was feeling mighty...
Top