Search results

  1. Tenergy 05 but less bouncy

    1. Nittaku FastArc G1 2. Xiom Vega Europe
  2. Do you use overgrip on your blade handle?

    Puny human makes puny handle makes me wanna use double over-tape just to fit into me palm. p/s I like big things.
  3. What rubbers are faster than Evolution MXP?

    I don't want to start a new thread so I'll piggy-back this thread to ask my question, if I may. I have been using MX-P for my FH for close to a year now. It is now showing signs of wear and tear and is time to look for a replacement. Should I buy back MX-P which I have come to love and grown...
  4. Tactics ( Asian vs Euro )

    I suxs big time at short play. If the ball is long, I will grin with eagerness. There is an oft repeated mantra in my club, "Don't give him long, he longs for it. Give him short to kill his shot "I do not know how to embed this long / short game yet, I am struggling. This is the type of play...
  5. Loop arc height over the net

    This topic something that I wish to say a few words on: 1. To make your loop higher for that extra safety margin, it should be natural to open the bat higher. However, I have no idea what rubber you use, I'll use my own experience with ESN tensor rubber to comment. There is a tendency to...
  6. World Teams: Team Sticky Inner Limba vs Team ESN Outer Koto

    Once upon a time, while I was still an EJ, I too have this delusional fantasy, i.e., different set-up for different player type. However, such delusional fantasy thoughts were quickly ended by more senior / veteran players in my club once I started to join them in inter-club tourneys. They...
  7. World Teams: Team Sticky Inner Limba vs Team ESN Outer Koto

    How come no one mention the beloved Hinoki series? No love for the old school Hinoki camp? Aruna plays with Hinoki blade. No love for his style of FH topspin?
  8. Testing Sharath Kamal Achanta's Table Tennis Bat!

    One day, not too distant in the future, Dan will represent England in Commonwealth Games. I await that day. 😍
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yesterday night had a good fortune to meet a certain visiting player who goes by the name Mr Wee. He told me that he was active in 2000's to mid 2000's in Arkansas state TT championship, saying he was five year back-to-back champion for Arkansas. He plays with short pips and with a pen-hold...
  10. Need opinions on Hinoki blades

    There can only be one. Get the thickest most badass one ply hinoki of pure goodness. You'll never want another. Once you go pure Hinoki, you'll never go back.
  11. Fair Play in table tennis

    Lily most graciously conceited one point to Diaz. I wonder will she do the same if the point is at 9-9? Just curious....
  12. Easy-To-Use Tensor Rubbers

    Easy to use tensor: 1. Donic Baracuda 2. Butterfly Rozena
  13. How do you learn the counter-punch stroke?

    This is Aya-san's latest video and she partners an Indian player who is a coach ( said so in the YT description ). What I want to comment is how long stroke the Indian player has in contrast to Aya's more compact stroke. This video is only put here for educational purpose to showcase a long...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Had a wonderful game session last Thursday, 06.10.22 against a modern chopper ( one side conventional chinese sticky rubber with the other side long pips OX ). He is a much better player than I am and the game went 4-3 in his favour. How did I play much better than usual against him? 1. Loop...
  15. Asking advices for backhand

    How quaint! Each time there is a technical problem, instead of asking first, is there a problem with my technique, most inquirer ask, instead, " What rubber can make my BH / FH topspin T 3 H M 0 S T A W 3 S 0 M 3 ? Supposedly, many are of the opinion, equipment can, in-lieu, of technical...
  16. My lovely Darker j pen

    Hello friend Dreamer21, I am also a fan of one-ply hinoki blade but I am a shakehand player. I could not find a 10.5mm thick blade commercially and that is why I had one custom made to 10.5mm shakehand by a Taiwan OEM factory. I love playing with this monster thick blade and pairing it with...
  17. Relaxing when playing TT & breathing

    I wish to share my view of the lesson learned from my coaching session: 1. When I am swinging to meet the ball, I am not tense but rather relaxed. The grip is relatively relaxed. 2. At the moment of impact between the blade and ball, I squeeze my grip tighter and tense up my core muscle. 3...
  18. Looking for advices on forehand

    1. Your strokes is mechanically fine. It just the transfer of power that is problematic. Not enough Ommph! You are too gentle. As my coach will say, is the ball your girlfriend or wife? If no, then why are you not abusing it?2. Too little acceleration, your swing is moving at constant speed...
  19. Help !!!! I need a large blade

    I'd recall Tibhar's Stratus Power Wood has a large surface area and hence large sweet-spot. It was, as I remember it, a looper's delight. I used it with two side Donic Baracudda during my early TT days. It was a good set-up.
Top