Search results

  1. Rasanter R47 vs R48?

    R48 packaging says max spin + max catapult. After using for a while, I went back to my beloved Tibhar Evolution MX-P ( 47.5 degree hardness apparently ). I miss the extreme trampoline effect of MX-P. The most trampolinish rubber I ever played. R48, in my opinion tends to gravitate towards the...
  2. How to play against "wall" player?

    XU XIN GRANDPA IS BACK! - YouTube Is that you and The Wall playing?
  3. Butterfly Rozena and Donic Acuda S2

    For S2, one word: meh! Nothing exiting about it. Do consider its newer sibling, the M2 instead. That one is a better product offering.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    19.09.22, Monday. Dear diary, Tonight was a fantastic night because I managed to beat a higher level player. The score was 4-2 in my favour and my opponent did not give me handicap point, i.e., we started the set at 0-0. So, how did I win this difficult match? 1. Service. By adding wrist...
  5. FH vs Backspin tips

    Looks pretty decent to me. If you thinking of FZD type power looping, get real. Yours is pretty decent. What you can to improve is get back into ready position faster and then power-drive to win the point. Do not think of those one loop one kill, not at our amateur level. You may need to rally...
  6. How to play against "wall" player?

    Here's a suggestion: Instead of drive with your BH and he blocks, why not cut and force him to cut back. Then pivot and FH loop for a winner like below.
  7. What is Joola Global Championship?

    I have some questions after watching Aya-kun's video below:1. granted that this competition is a huge event, famous even. 2. Prize money is great at USD 25K. Generous no doubt. 3. Granted from the video, everything looks pretty normal and going well. 4. My peeve as follows: where are the...
  8. Service strategies

    I have great one: Opponent is a right handed shakehand player. Serve a fast no spin / backspin to the short wide FH corner. Even if opponent can return the ball, it is high, now just casually block or drive to the BH side. Voila! Another point! TT is so darn easy. You'll be GOAT in no time...
  9. joola shirts sizes

    Not sure if this can help, if you look at the Safe Video Footage thread, you can see me playing while wearing Joola T-shirt. I am wearing size 2XL and it fits me comfortably. Perhaps you can use the visual image as a guide.
  10. Talking big.

    Sometimes people will go overboard and forget in the bigger scheme of things, table-tennis is just a sport / game / hobby. p/s btw, no matter what BB says, I am sticking with Butterfly's Tenergy. Give me Tenergy or give me death! Or as in French, " liberté ou donne-moi la mort! " - Confession...
  11. Best non-ESN, non-BTY tensor rubber?

    For me the winner of this category goes to Friendship 729 Battle II. It is definitely non-ESN and non-BTY, satisfying both criteria.
  12. Kanak Jha

    I speculate that Kanak tactics is not to over-power his opponent but rather to keep the ball in play with placement and variation and let his opponent make unforced error to get the winning points. All-round attacking style perhaps.
  13. Tactics ( Asian vs Euro )

    Thanks Matt. I'd recalled it was NDH who made this similar suggestion to my tactics some time ago. Yes, I have been using more long serves in my game with mixed result. I understand that this type of serve is compatible for my play style, seeking a quick 3rd ball attack to quickly to wrest an...
  14. Backspin flick against backspin ball?

    1. Pay a coach to teach you and no, I am not being condescending. 2. It is not an easy stroke as it involves a lot of proper wrist mechanics + entering footwork, timing and feeling, all these ingredients cannot properly be conveyed with words and certainly not through YT / video, at least not...
  15. Tactics ( Asian vs Euro )

    Yes! Yes! Yes! I am often a victim of these tricky soft Asian style return. Hulk Smash is difficult when faced these soft return.
  16. Tactics ( Asian vs Euro )

    It has to do with the equipment as well right? Chinese players prefer sticky rubber that favours control on the short inside the table play whereas Euro players prefer strong trampoline effect rubber for out of table play for speed and power looping game. Is my generalization correct? Right...
  17. Kanak Jha

    Kanak is a USA professional TT player. I am not a fan of him and seldom notice him until by chance I viewed this video. I am impressed and the video made me take notice. He is not a powerful all out attacking style player and his style is what I would called a controlled offensive player. His...
  18. Best Malaysian Male TT player

    His play style is serve and 3rd ball attack. Very FH oriented attacking style. During the Covid partial lockdown when there were not many events on, he was offering coaching at USD 25.00 hourly rate. Unfortunately I could not go to him as I am located in a different state from him. Would be...
  19. Impressive Korean Custom Blade Maker Vid

    I just want to buy the casing.
  20. Best Malaysian Male TT player

    Encik Leong Chee Feng.
Top