Search results

  1. How do you learn the counter-punch stroke?

    Video or it didn't happen. Nuff'said. ​​​😁
  2. How do you learn the counter-punch stroke?

    You are describing exactly what my coach wants me to do with my BH drive. He always keep asking me to come near to the table and tap on the ball immediately off the bounce. My hand is inside the table or at the white line of the table end. I purposely choose the term tap. It is a light touch. I...
  3. FH powerloop against underspin

    Tomorrow evening is my game night and I will try to incorporate this power-loop stroke in to my playbook. Right now my default setting is to push / cut or upward slow and spinny loop. Must over ride these default muscle memory first to be able to use this newly learned stroke into my game-play...
  4. Is there a way to fix a rubber's arc and lift?

    I am sure if he added baby oil to it, it would give it more bite / grip / tack and get into the CG team.
  5. FH powerloop against underspin

    This is also what I am being taught last week during coaching session. The earlier session, my coach showed me the upward loop. Once I am able to loop it that way, he start to teach me this power-loop version. However, one need to be in really good position to execute it properly. I would say...
  6. Is there a way to fix a rubber's arc and lift?

    There is a quote in the military circle: Amateurs talk tactics, the pros discuss logistics. In the same vein, I paraphrase, " Amateurs talk equipment, the serious players discuss techniques "
  7. H3 not work with some blades?

    Hence the conclusion is, buying a Mizutani or ZJK is plainly for exhibiting your fan-boyism which is nothing wrong by nature. It is to show your appreciation to your preferred player. I wonder when will Butterfly make a Gozo Super ZLC? I really like that player... Oh wait... I am already...
  8. Backhand flip advice

    I have this problem. If I ever successfully do a BH flick ( Chiquita ), I tend to freeze a little while admiring at my marvelous and fantastic technique whilst forgetting that my opponent can and will return the ball back to me. This brain freeze is costing me points. NB: I am not joking, for...
  9. FH powerloop against underspin

    What term did you use prior to this?
  10. FH powerloop against underspin

    Can you elaborate on this? Why it is not?
  11. Is there a way to fix a rubber's arc and lift?

    I'd recall forum members here did ask Michael for a video of his play a few times. What say you Michael? Don't be camera shy...
  12. FH powerloop against underspin

    I know ERT does lurk here in this forum so I'll start a discussion here. It would be very nice if ERT could also participate in this discussion. The video above by Pingsunday showed a professional loop underspin ball a certain way. 1. I have seen Kim Taek Soo YT video teaching his amateur...
  13. Is there a way to fix a rubber's arc and lift?

    "Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,One for the Dark Lord on his dark throneIn the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,One Ring to bring them all and...
  14. Ryu Seung Min VS Kim Taek Soo. Who will win???

    Speculate no further. Here is the irrefutable truth... My commentary: 1. RSM is slower and has lost some of his trademark footwork, age? lack of competitive play? increase in weight? All the above. I suppose being in management rather as an active athlete do dampen your skill. 2. KTS is still...
  15. H3 not work with some blades?

    In the People's Republic of Middle-stan, only certain blade are approved by the People's Table-Tennis Party as per Article XXIIV of Party Constituition. They are: 1. Butterfly's Viscaria with neoH3 and Tenergy 05 for male players 2. Stiga's Carbonado with neoH3 and Tenergy 05 for female...
  16. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Thanks to all who gave their feedback. Like I said before, choppers are a rare breed and I have no idea when I'll get a chance to pull some chops again. Btw, I will compete in another inter-club friendly this coming Sun, 24th Jul 2022. Time to put in what I learn into practice, from theory to...
  17. Drills: Half long serve return and Forehand atack

    Liar liar pants on fire. There is no way this is your first time. Too flawless to be a first timer.
  18. Nittaku Acoustic with Hurricane 3

    One thing I notice that tacky chinese rubber can do that ESN-tensor cannot is the inside table loop-kill or flick-kill. Watch Xu Xin closely. Is my observation correct? What do you guys think? I do not recall Euro players doing that.
  19. Best newcomers table tennis bat

    How much money do you have? Butterfly Falcima with two side Rozena for the most awesome branded set-up. My personal fav noobie set up is Tibhar Stratus Powerwood with two side Donic Baracuda.
  20. Ryu Seung Min VS Kim Taek Soo. Who will win???

    They are both retired and with nothing more to proof. They had proven themselves already. They had their glory days and it is all behind them. However, if you really want to see who is better, I suppose one way is to see their protege's performance. KTS has Jang Woojin as his understudy. I am...
Top