Search results

  1. Video Footage Safe Thread

    For those who are still procrastinating about video-taping oneself as a tool for improvement, I say wait no longer. During my stroke I thought as my ball land on the other side, I am all good. That is until I watched my own video and saw how ugly my techniques were. I should have a more...
  2. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Thanks Tony. Will try to do what you advise when I have a chance. Choppers are a dying breed of player. It is not easy to get hold of a chopper player in a recreational club. Most Long-Pips player 99% uses LP on their BH for blocks mainly. When I looked back at my own FH loop against chopped...
  3. Video Footage Safe Thread

    My personal coach also advocate a higher arch loop similar in context to Kim Taek Soo's advise to his amateur student in some YT video. However when KTS trains Jang Woojin ( in another YT video ) I see a different type of FH topspin against underspin. They are long, low, speedy and powerful. I...
  4. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Kuala Lumpur - Wikipedia
  5. I succeeded!

    I am quoting from one of Ronny Chieng's routine, he said, " I never knew that Asians are good at maths. From where I came from ( Asia ) all of us are good at maths. I never knew it was a skill set " 🤣 This part starts at 1min 15 secs...
  6. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Just video your matches, watch them over and over again in your non-playing time. You'll bound to pick up something eventually.
  7. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Looking back at my own video I am somehow unsatisfied with my FH loop. It looks awkward and not pretty although a high percentage of my balls did land on the other side. ( I believe if you look at the video, the chopper has more trouble returning my loop than I top-spin back his chops). I feel...
  8. I succeeded!

    Cut the kid some slack my friend. Our young friend just got into some prestigious school and he is just being elated and hyper. Not sure about you, if I am in his shoe right now, I would feel the same and announce my proud achievement. Let him savour this moment.
  9. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Tonight's practice, i.e., me doing FH loop against a chopper using LP-OX. The chopper is a wee bit camera shy. Please critic for my betterment. Thank you. NB: For this exercise tonight I am using Andro's Rasenter R48 on my FH side. p/s below is a 30 secs short highlight clips for those who...
  10. I succeeded!

    The word Experimental sounds kinda out of place... like as if you are going to study in Area 51 or sumtin'. And did you use Jedi Mind trick to convince em? Just forget what I said above, I am just kiddin'. Congrats to Future Dr Leo Phd in Trauma Surgery. May your dreams come true my young...
  11. I Graduated!

    Bird, So what happens next? Will you go to the same school to complete your High School Cert or must you go to a different institution? How many more years in High School until you reach University? Sorry, you need to run it by me as though I am idiot on Chinese schooling system. Completely...
  12. Performing the Falkenberg Drill

    Rallying is too unpredictable especially if one player is not good. For multi-ball, the feeder is in control and can dictate the pace of the exercise.
  13. How often do pros change their equipment

    My coach, who was a former National Player and won medals in the ASEAN games ( Men Single / Team event ) in the 90's told me during one of our chit-chat session that during his professional career, Butterfly would send loads of Tenergy free of charge to his club office and the manager on duty...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Your shots in the video above are very powerful and looks like those executed by the Chinese elite players. However, if you say you are injured, perhaps these shots are not so great at your current state with injury especially these power loop-kill type. There are three loops seen at the 2mins...
  15. Performing the Falkenberg Drill

    Lazer, Just curious, if cross over is undesirable for you to play a wide FH shot whilst you are at the far BH corner, what method of locomotion do you do to recover to get that wide FH return?
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Hi Richie, Since you asked, and I wish to make a disclaimer, Richie is a much higher level player than I am, but in the spirit of sharing I will say my piece here. But first allow me to show you two short video clip for illustration purpose: Video No. 1 Video No. 2Commentary: Video No. 1...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Superb play Richie. Are you the player in black or red t-shirt? Either way, both the players are playing very very very high quality TT ( within amateur level ). I wish I could play like you guys. I have a question for you Richie. The player in black seems to prefer looping ( topspin ) most...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This evening during my coaching session I did for the first time this drill which I find it to be most awesome. It goes like this, which is a set basically: 1. Coach serve a short underspin to my FH side and I have to step in to push it back. 2. He then push a long underspin ball to my BH side...
  19. How do you stop people from lobbing?

    Para table tennis - Wikipedia I just read Wikipedia on Para TT and there is no rule that forbid lobbing for sitting players ( players who are wheelchair bound ). I guess you just have to deal with it. My only thought so far is to give him short balls. Keep on pongin fellow TT player.
  20. Alexis Lebrun is the 2022 French National Champion

    Below is my personal commentary: Once in a while a young player emerges and make TT world exciting bringing in a new and fresh style to the world of TT. We have had: 1. Tomokazu Harimoto with his very aggressive counter-driving style. He attacks every ball off-the-bounce at just after the...
Top