Search results

  1. New trend: Close to table aggressive attacking style

    I too have envisioned myself playing mainly mid distance looping. So this come closer and closer into the table is somehow strange to me at first until Tony explained it to me as above.
  2. New trend: Close to table aggressive attacking style

    Oh! Thanks for your clarification / input.
  3. Alexis Lebrun is the 2022 French National Champion

    Congrats to Alexis. This is akin to like Lin Shidong beating FZD at the Chinese National TT Finals yeah? A case of an up and coming youngling beating a veteran.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    NB: The video above is not mine as I did not take any video, I just took a random sample from Youtube. On Sat my coach introduced to me this type of drills. Fast Multi-ball training. It was a shock to my body. It felt so hurried and I am like under constant pressure. At first it was 2 FH + 2 BH...
  5. New trend: Close to table aggressive attacking style

    Dear coaches and trainers, This post is more targeted at you guys / gals. If you are one, please response. I first heard about this new trend a while ago but never paid any attention to it until very recently. The context as follows: 1. My coach is telling me to come closer and closer to the...
  6. TTD Equipment reviews

    So sorry to hear that you have no access to coach. I hope this situation may change in the future. The feeling of buying new equipment to test and still losing to your club mate is not so fun compared to maintaining a single good equipment set up that a professional coach recommends based on his...
  7. TTD Equipment reviews

    Sorry MtCollins, Perhaps my post here is not directly in response to your query, but I just want to say a few words from my personal experience. With the money that one wishes to spend on equipment, it is better to be spend on engaging a professional coach. I am speaking from personal...
  8. Andro Rasanter R48 - Suitable for whom

    It can be loopy if my positioning and contact point is correct. However, the point I want to emphasize is that due to its high trampoline effect, if the ball is coming back high with not too much back spin, one can power through the spin with a powerful drive. And I love this particular property...
  9. Exam that décides my fate

    Bird, Helping people by becoming a doctor? That is so unAsian way of thinking...
  10. Exam that décides my fate

    Curiosity. Aside from Asians that you mentioned, are these traits present in other ethnics in the US who are first gen immigrants? Eastern Europeans? Latin Americans? Carribeans? Africans? Or are these traits specific to Asians only? I am not sure, coz over here, we are all Asians so I don't...
  11. Exam that décides my fate

    Go get em tiger. Come back to TT after this for more excitement in life. 😁
  12. Andro Rasanter R48 - Suitable for whom

    After gluing R48 on my bat for three weeks and letting it sit pretty inside my cabinet, I finally took it out to play last weekend. In total, I've had just six hours of play time with it. My first impression as such: 1. Fast. It is fast. Good for drives and smashes. 2. It has immense trampoline...
  13. Had a forehand loop revelation

    Hello Dominik, What a coincidence as I just shared this wonderful & marvelous FH loop kill from Qiu Dang with my club-mates yesterday. Have a look. However, what I want to highlight is, you can never ever get such beautiful loop if you only rely on arm mechanics. Focus on Qiu's waist snap as he...
  14. Had a forehand loop revelation

    That is one relax movement. Silky smooth.
  15. Andro Rasanter R48 - Suitable for whom

    Smashing with R48 on FH. NB: Transferred this post from another thread for appropriateness.
  16. 40 degree hardness

    After seeing this table, I realized that I am playing tensor ESN 48 degree which is equivalent to 37 degrees DHS scale on my FH. I am such a wuss pussy.
  17. Video Footage Safe Thread

    That hit was a flat punch BH. It only is useful against no spin ball. Other players will call this active block technique. Ideally I would love to attack all sidespin serves to my BH, but I am not consistent enough to do it all the time. If I do that, my club-mates will very quickly give me the...
  18. Video Footage Safe Thread

    As promised, these are four YT video of my matches today, with commentaries. Video 1.Commentary: This was the first game I played and as you can see I was not mentally ready. I was not playing my usual game. I believe I have not properly warm up yet, or to be specific, not mentally warm up...
  19. Block like Da Boss!

    Block like Da Boss - Pro Version 2.0 Block like Da Boss - Amateur Version 3. NB: @NDH, I am sorry for smiling and having a light giggle, I failed the Waldner test, again.
  20. What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

    I thought I am cure of EJ disease but there is just something that remain and there will be occasion where relapse may occur. Sigh... I am such a weak minded feeble victim.
Top