Search results

  1. Frustrated & Confused

    Hi all, I first wrote this in Jan 2022 and I experienced the growing pain of getting better at TT. It is now end of Apr22 and I thought of just give all of you a quick update on my progress. I would love to show some match play video but it may not be so easy to get consent from my...
  2. How to break the habit of a too long backswing?

    You did play quite well actually. I am not sure why do you keep giving him long serve? Your opponent is a looper and he is enjoying looping your serve and return so much. On your request as to how to shorten your strokes. What I did was, I bought a resistance band and tied it on my playing...
  3. What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

    I am so so so getting the R47 next.....
  4. Non-shrinking ESN rubbers

    When I glue a new sheet of ESN rubber, I try not to stretch it. I just let it rest on the blade gently and roll press it without exerting undue force. This way, I have less shrinkage problem when removing and regluing later. The problem of shrinkage is more pronounced when you stretch it like a...
  5. Has anyone tried Donic Baracuda or Baracuda Big Slam?

    Donic Baracuda is amongst the first gen tensor European rubber that the companies try to mimic the speed glue effect without using speed glue. It has moderate speed with vicious amount of spin. If spin play is your forte or your winning strategy, then go ahead. Although the consensus amongst...
  6. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    I know I know Carl, all of you expect me to keep my blade in her natural form like above. But I acquire her not for ornament, but rather as a weapon to be used in battlefield. Hence I need to suit her up in finest armour to withstand the rigour of battle. Finally, the final weight is 213g...
  7. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    Tried it out tonight at my club and MX-P is playable on this blade. It's hardness is the same as my current rubber i.e., Donic Bluefire M1 which is 47.5 degree hardness on ESN scale. My mate has a same blade as I do and he uses Dignics 05. I tried it, and it is even more playable... but the...
  8. People who switched from carbon back to wood, how’s it going?

    I believe the saying " Once you go black, you won't go back " may be a cheeky way of saying that once one can play well with carbon blade he will not want to go back to regular wood. You will definitely miss the immense power. Its like driving a turbo-charged 4.8ltr Ford Mustang GT and then...
  9. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    Awww geez, thanks Daj. Now I am in dilemma whether to play with it of keep it as keepsake.
  10. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    My Excalibur has arrived. Custom made by master craftsman in Taiwan using premium grade Japanese-Hinoki material ( Trees are above 300 years old ) She is 112g without any rubber customised to 10.5mm thickness. I also requested the flared handle to be extra long to support my FH dominant looping...
  11. Looking for high arc rubber

    When I first posted this question, I wasn't taking any coaching and naturally my logical mind thoughts thus; high arc = high margin of safety. This is a very natural way of thinking, isn't it? I took lesson from a professional coach starting in Dec 2021 and I have had a dozen of lessons or so...
  12. Looking for high arc rubber

    Yeah, I agree Donic Baracuda. However, I have found the ONE! I am loving the Donic Bluefire M1. High arc + strong catapult effect. I have found my ONE true love. Thanks everyone.
  13. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    I intend to pair the above 10.5mm custom made One-Ply Hinoki with Tibhar MX-P ( FH ) & Xiom Vega Europe ( BH ).
  14. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    Unfinished version as offered by my vendor. I told him to make it 10.5mm thick. My vendor will begin production this week and they will ship the product to me from their Taiwan factory by end of the month. Below are images of a finished goods that they commissioned for another customer earlier...
  15. New Equipment to stay with for new season

    Let me recap your wants: 1. Setup for competitive play 2. Sometimes offence; sometimes defense = all round 3. Prefer softer tensor / ESN rubber I believe seven ply all wood with slightly stiff should compliment you nicely: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive ( choose the 7 ply ) or Tibhar Stratus...
  16. Picking rubber philosophy

    In my club there are many JPen players because there are many senior players. Some use tacky Chinese like Frienship Battle 2 with boosting; one use Tenergy 05; one uses Dignics 05, some use Fastarc G1 and another use Xiom Vega Pro. All of them play fairly well and each of them bring a...
  17. Heavy or Light for looping?

    In theory one may say using a more flexible blade ( usually it means five ply all wood or blade rated ALL+ or OFF- ) will give slow & spinny loop. However I have also seen FZD + ML + LJK do slow and spinny loop using their current set up as well as fast powerful loop kill. Ask yourself, does...
  18. Frustrated & Confused

    I am one of those unfortunate souls who can stroke the a most textbook perfect FH loop but when it comes to match play it all crumble away. Other club mates who cannot stroke properly sometimes can gain the upper hand in a match. Strange but true. Explanation: Textbook perfect stroke happens...
  19. Frustrated & Confused

    Nooooooooooooooooo.........
Top