Search results

  1. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    Yeah you are right. I never notice about the handle being heavy. I just did an empirical checking and try to balance my blade to find its equilibrium point and it happen to be somewhere in the middle of the blade face, This means that the handle is also heavy to counter balance it. With this I...
  2. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    First and foremost I am tempted to acquire another one ply hinoki for the following reasons: 1. Hinoki wood are difficult to come by. It could be a collectors item. 2. My vendor is offering me a highest grade in his stock which he called the Royal Version and he allows me to customize the...
  3. Frustrated & Confused

    Good day to you IB66, I am getting along just fine and thank you for asking. I see you are busy and have plenty of TT action in real matches. Good for you. I hope you get tonnes of fun out of it and plenty of exercise. I will show you a short YT vid of my latest coaching session that I had...
  4. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    Great explanation Carl. I do not feel head heavy and I love the feeling of contact when looping too ( I play mainly looper style mostly ). However, there is one caveat, the weight and bulkiness does limit the type of serves that I can do. However, as I do not rely on ace serve to win my...
  5. WTT Star Contender Doha 2022

    That is why Aruna is such an enigma. In the world of TT, we have the chinese FH, then the european FH and perhaps we are seeing the emergence of the 3rd type: Wakanda FH.
  6. WTT Star Contender Doha 2022

    Take a look at my avatar! 😉 I see a great and I recognise it instantly.
  7. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    Not changing coz' I'm having a smashing good time. Literally!
  8. What hell ??

    Or it tore apart half way and she is in the middle of a game and have not got a chance to change rubber? Or it could just be a photoshop for April Fool's day.
  9. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    Just weighed my current set-up. One ply Hinoki 10mm + 2 sheets of Donic Bluefire M1 = 218g. I hazard a guess, if 11mm and using the same rubber would be around 225g ish. I wonder if that would be too heavy for normal hobbyist or not.
  10. nittaku H3

    My bet is that you will stick to Rakza. NB: If it is too heavy you can use it as a training rubber to build up arm strength say, when playing against robot or rebounding board.
  11. Which blade for my rubber.

    Sorry friend. I am not actually familiar with your selection as I have not have the opportunity to use them personally, However, based on my personal knowledge: Since your rubber is 1.8mm and consider control oriented or softer rubber, a stiffer blade type may be complimentary. Yasaka MLEO is...
  12. Which Xiom rubber is closest to Nittaku Fastarc G1?

    If I could hazard a guess, it should be Omega Series Asia, most likely the Omega IV iteration.
  13. Which blade for my rubber.

    Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive. Choose the seven ply instead of the five ply.
  14. List of high level short pimples FH long pimples BH players

    I am very confident you will be hard pressed to find any high level players using this combi say in the WTT series. Look at the top 100 ITTF ranked players both male & female. There are most likely none. However, you will find perhaps a few of these players in the local league, or the veteran...
  15. Can you increase throw angle of a rubber?

    Why not just use it on FH? I mean it is generally desirous for FH rubber to be low throw, is it not?
  16. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    My current set up is around 200-210g. If I use the 11mm, I think the weight would go to 220g or more.
  17. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    Maybe you did not read my original post aka Post No. 1. I am already using the same brand 10mm One Ply Hinoki. The same vendor is now offering me an upgrade, i.e., a higher grade wood with an option to custom made the blade to 11mm thick. He said he has the material at the moment. Hence my...
  18. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    For reference, what is the upper limit of functional weight? I mean at what grammage does one consider it to become too unwieldy generally.
  19. Custom blade by my regular vendor

    Hi good people of TTD, I have been using the Ariex GT 10mm One Ply Hinoki for a while and I am loving it and by golly! I have not EJ'ed for sometime already. My vendor who sold me the above blade approached me again recently and offered to make a custom 11mm One Ply shake-hand blade using the...
  20. What is everyone using?

    1. Blade: Ariex GT 10mm One Ply Hinoki ( Taiwanese OEM or clone of Darker ) 2. FH & BH rubber: Both Donic Bluefire M1. 3. Play style: Right handed Shakehand. Offensive 4. FH dominant looper prefer mid - far table looping what you would say archetypal Euro looping style.
Top