Search results

  1. is baby oil a effective booster?

    If one hate or frown upon boosting, then just use Butterfly rubber. They are so good, you can use it as they are, straight away from the packaging. On a personal note, I use Falco brand myself. To me, the boosting process is a labour of love, a work of art. It is like a ritual. It gives a...
  2. advice on rubber glue

    Viscaria with Tenergy is the standard pairing for elite players. I have never use Dignics before so I cannot comment. I have used Tenergy 05 and 80 before but I am not impressed. I resign to the fact that my skill level is not that good enough to extract the best possible outcome from...
  3. advice on rubber glue

    I cannot answer you whether DHS glue will damage BTY rubber or not because I have never use DHS glue. However, I can answer you Free Chack 2 will not damage DHS rubber as I have personally use it for some time already. p/s What BTY blade are you pairing with Rozena? Viscaria?
  4. advice on rubber glue

    Free Chack 2 Forever! p/s never tried DHS before, but I have used Lidu & Donic Blue Vario and both of them are too sticky and leave a bad residue when changing rubber. For an professional EJ like me, this attribute is a big no-no. I look for a glue that sticks the rubber well and allows the...
  5. Tenergy and Dignics life Span

    I will never have the good fortune to find out how long my rubber last nor its lifespan due to my EJ curse. 😨
  6. Cure for the EJ

    E. But you know I am lying....
  7. advice on rubber glue

    Sounds more like over apply glue. As for recommendation, there is one and only: Butterfly Free Chack 2. To be serious in TT you must purchase a BTY blade with Butterfly rubber, preferably Rozena, Tenergy or Dignics in order of priority.
  8. is baby oil a effective booster?

    That is because you play for some shiny plastic trophy and some piece of paper certificate, hence no one gives a darn. When you start playing for USD 25,000 prize money.... a little bit in violation of ITTF service rule and you will raise hell! I know I will!
  9. Its my turn to be in dilemma

    Just for clarification with regards to full swing. To some newbies, the term full swing may conjure an image of a wild haymaker type of swing. Ma Long perhaps can do it or FZD or XX have a long arc swing. But do notice that these are pros and they have a very developed sense of arm swing. In...
  10. Its my turn to be in dilemma

    Played with it ( non-boosted ) for three hours today. Below is my empirical observation: 1. You definitely need power to drive the ball. It is dead slow if you drive half-heartedly. It is like what we call in automobile driving, a turbo lag. Below a certain RPM, a turbo car feels sedate and...
  11. Tactics against short pips penholder

    I do not have the good fortune to meet a JPen Short Pips player as there are no such player in my club, hence will play short be a counter to this type of player? I mean, these player usually rely on blocking with placement against topspin, hence if one were to continuously give soft short ball...
  12. Does boost tacky rubber will have benefits for me?

    Yes. Does it not suppose to get tackier? Mine appears to be so...
  13. Odd serving by the Ukranian

    Actually I regularly do this especially in the doubles as I try to move a little bit further away to give my partner ample space to return the ball. Have not done it in singles though.
  14. new shoes

    In my country, TT plays second fiddle to badminton. Walk into any general sports store and there will be racks and racks of badminton shoes, but zero TT specific shoe. If you ask for TT shoe from the sales assistance, you will be sure to be led to the badminton shoe aisle all the time. And...
  15. Odd serving by the Ukranian

    Hmmm, nice. I may want to try it. He he he...
  16. Does boost tacky rubber will have benefits for me?

    I have the same problem when I was using Euro tensor rubber for my FH. My ball loves to go long and overshoots. I solve this issue somewhat when I switched to neoH3 ( boosted ) to make the topsheet very tacky. The tackiness or stickiness retards the forward momentum somewhat and cause more...
  17. H3 Neo National/Provincial/Commercial Differences

    Sorry, just to clarify a little, Friendship Battle 2 should be compared to the Neo Hurricane seried. Must be apple to apple comparison.
  18. Its my turn to be in dilemma

    My Provincial Skyline 2 Blue Sponge just arrived today and I have already fixed it on my Nit-Acoustic. First Impression: 1) Bounce test: One word - Awesome! So much feeling, so much feedback. For those uninitiated, feeling is due to the vibration of the blade face to the handle. It is absolute...
  19. H3 Neo National/Provincial/Commercial Differences

    Ha! This just corroborate my point, i.e., Nat H3 is just not worth spending the money on. I wish to further add: If you want Nat H3, Nit-H3 is a better and cheaper option whereas if you want Provincial H3 & Friendship Battle 2 Provincial Blue Sponge is a better and cheaper option. This is my...
  20. H3 Neo National/Provincial/Commercial Differences

    If you are new to DHS Hurricane family, just go with the commercial DHS neoH3 mid hard i.e., 39 degree hardness. From there you can know where you will want to head. Choose neo version = factory boosted = softer sponge = easier to play with. Take baby steps, my friend, baby steps.
Top