Search results

  1. Give me some advice on my Forehand loop

    I repeat again, if you move your legs more, you will naturally solve 95% of your FH issues.
  2. Difference between forehand drive and forehand loop?

    This is from a perspective of an amateur receiver ( pro-players does not apply ): Drive / Duraibo: SH!T ! What happened? I could not see the ball coming. It is so fast. Loop / Loopo: I saw the ball coming, I am in ready position ( In-Pai ) when I hit the ball but I still f3ckk1ng miss it. The...
  3. Multinational Doubles Pairings?

    ML/Kasumi very bad idea! Kazumi will be too distracted / star-struck to play anything.
  4. re-visiting Neo Hurricane 3, provincial 37 and 38 degree

    This is exactly what I did too. I think our FH is not good enough to optimize our spin to fully engage it. Hence using a grippier version can reduce our unforced error.
  5. Are there different versions of Hurricane 3 Neo?

    Stop horsing around and just use the blue sponge already. ( Just kidding 😁 ) Just a story to share, I have a Nittaku H3 Turbo Blue Sponge and I let my club mate test it out. He is an above beginner level player, perhaps intermediate level, and he comes from Euro Tensor. The first thing he said...
  6. What is your favorite song?

    Gurenge by Lisa Homura by Lisa Broken Nights by Aimer.
  7. A Comprehensive List of Famous Blade Clones

    BTY Innerforce - DHS Long V. Long V is suppose to homage BTY Innerforce but by a stroke of luck, those engineers at DHS made something better.
  8. Give me some advice on my Forehand loop

    Great job Mike for posting a vid of your FH practice. You are in luck since you want to use Tacky Chinese rubber on your forehand, there are plenty of FH topspin tutorial videos in YT including Ma Long, FZD, XX et al. Check out Ti Long's vid as I remember he teaches the stroke of these CNT...
  9. Blade Reccomendation

    I have two of them in my collection and despite having some more well-known professional blade, I still use the good old OFF- / ALL+ blade when doing serious play / competition event. I am more confident will less powerful blade.
  10. Not sure which rubbers to get!

    Not sure what exactly you want to specialise with your BH because what I understand is you want a everything-can-do rubber. Since you are not sure exactly what you want, then just put on a middle of the road, jack of all trade, master of none rubber such as Joola Zack or Yasaka Mark V and play...
  11. Why is Battle 2 so popular and praised?

    I bought it at a local online store Malaysia 729/Friendship Online Table Tennis Shop (tenryu.com.my) @ RM 130.00. ( equivalent to approx USD 30.00 ), in contrast the Provincial H3 is USD 50.00 ( after converting, approx figure )
  12. Why is Battle 2 so popular and praised?

    I love it to bits! It is so tacky, my soft version can hold a TT ball for a whole freaking 9 seconds! That is how tacky this rubber is. And she is cheaper than the overprice H3 rubber. What is there not to like? Yeah, it also feel a little bouncier than H3 and more similar in feel to Yinhe's...
  13. What do you guys do with old rubbers?

    Sell it, give it away or use as a mouse-pad.
  14. Some advice please

    The stickiness or tackiness is there to help make spin / ball rotation. If you are not using it to create spin, then there is not much point is using the tacky feature. As for flat-shot, a catapult / trampoline effect sponge is more ideally suited. However, my caveat is such: TT is a game...
  15. Yasaka Rakza 7 vs Nittaku Fastarc G-1

    On personal note, the heaviest set-up I have played with weighs 220g which is totally unplayable in match, but I still retain it for multi-ball to get me some Popeyes forearm. The set-up in question is Nittaku Acoustic all wood with both side Battle 2 40 degrees hardness.
  16. Return backspin

    If opponent gives you a backspin and you return with a OX LP push, you will give your offensive opponent a topspin return, and you know what a typical offensive player will do next... If he pushes long, most OX LP player I see will block and change direction to make it hard for offensive...
  17. Yasaka Rakza 7 vs Nittaku Fastarc G-1

    Choose thick and hard rubber than. You should then have a very controllable set-up which can easily loop ball with good safety margin. Downside is it will only be playable near table, if far-table, you are at a huge disadvantage as the ball will most likely go into the net.
  18. Return backspin

    My experience with chopper is so different compared to your description. My chopper present me with massive amount of backspin and I literally am panting with exhaustion returning his BH with my FH loop continuously. Chopping when done properly should come back with massive backspin. There are...
  19. Who has the best backhand in tabletennis?

    After watching the recent WTT Contender Doha event, where Darko Jorgic vs Lee Sangsu played against each other, I will have to add Darko onto the list of most awesome BH player compilation list. Video below:
  20. Yasaka Rakza 7 vs Nittaku Fastarc G-1

    The above is from my memory as I have played with both before.
Top