Search results

  1. Blade/Rubbers recommendation for a beginner looking to develop basic strokes

    My personal go to noobie set up as follows: 1) Tibhar Stratus Power Wood - An OFF- five ply all wood with a large sweet spot. It has a large surface area. 2) BH & FH rubber are Donic Baracuda - an ALL+ / OFF- spin focused rubber that is just fast enough for offensive use but still retain...
  2. Looking for non-tacky rubbers

    Joola Zack Non-Tacky & below USD 20.00; at least in my country of residence.
  3. Tackiness versus grippiness

    This observation arose in me and I want to share this with fellow TT enthusiast: 1. I will use Donic Barucuda as a reference for grippy rubber as this is one rubber that I have most experience with; read: Euro Rubber. 2. When it comes to non-sticky but grippy rubber, I can loop or lift...
  4. Calling all EJ’s !!! List the equipment tried over the last 2yrs

    Hi IB66, I completely forgotten about this post. OK, to answer you, my last session with Acoustic was disastrous. It didn't play so well. I have not use her for a few weeks already. To give a biased answer, I feel that tension rubber such as Donic Bluefire M1 is more suited. But it is not...
  5. Do You Use Tacky or Non-Tacky?

    Since this is a tacky rubber thread, please allow me to ask here: Is there a reliable website that compare the tackiness of rubber? I used to refer to Revspin's table but some veteran members here commented that Revspin's is not reliable and that cast doubt upon me. OK, to be specific, I am...
  6. Opinion on my new setup

    I have an old Tibhar Stratus Power Wood ( TSPW ) and I have tried both side Donic Baracuda, Joola Zack, Yasaka Mark V etc.However, I have not tried putting chinese tacky rubber on it.The best experience I have had is Donic Baracuda on both side. TSPW is teeny weeny bit on the stiff side when...
  7. Pushing

    strange coz for me, pushing is so instinctive so much so that it was my first stroke I do in TT. I mean it was so natural to me, I did not learn it. Ok back to your question: Push is for backspin ball only. If you push topspin ball, the ball will pop up high and will be killed immediately by...
  8. Do You Use Tacky or Non-Tacky?

    Hai Kawan, Dok kot mano? Gue korang Nogori. Dek korang mano? ( Translation for my international friends: Hello Friend, Where do you stay. I am from State of Negeri. Brother, where do you live? )
  9. Do You Use Tacky or Non-Tacky?

    Me during a cosplay session...
  10. Do You Use Tacky or Non-Tacky?

    Not gonna happen dear friend. Why? 1) I value privacy. 2) Why do you want to see me, a club level player? There are tonnes of video of awesome players using tacky rubber on the internet. Ma Long & FZD being the ultimate poster boys of tacky rubber user.
  11. Do You Use Tacky or Non-Tacky?

    Tacky FTW! I like to play em slow and easy. Stickiness is just good for this.
  12. Tackiness versus grippiness

    From my personal experience, when I execute slow & spinny loop with a spinny Euro Rubber ( re: Donic Baracuda which is a very spinny rubber ) my opponent can return it no problem. When I use H3, the ball kick out of the table. It would appear H3 is more spinny from my perspective. Is this...
  13. alternative for primorac off- and donic appelgren allplay?

    I have Primorac all wood OFF- and put Donic M2 as FH and M3 as BH. Love it! Good to learn how to spin with it. p/s Primorac is a very good blade, it has a nice feel to it, very well constructed and balanced design. Feels just right in my hand.
  14. Cure for the EJ

    Now I know why you cannot cure your EJ syndrome. This is because you are buying a non Butterfly product. To permacure EJ, you need to buy the latest, most badass ( read most expensive ) blade and put on Dignics 09C as FH and Dignics 05 as BH. This way, you shall be delivered.
  15. Cure for the EJ

    You forget about the ubiquitous H3 Hard unboosted. You can spin with that, you can spin with even a piece of brick.
  16. Tackiness versus grippiness

    As per title, Grippiness versus Tackiness, which is a better option to generate spin. Does tacky grippy rubber exist? If yes, technically should be able to produce super massive awesome spin right? P/S Mod, if similar thread exist kindly assist to merge. Thank you.
  17. rubber for donic ovtcharov senso v1

    Para 1; Line 2: If you remove the word cheap, then you will open up a lot of option. Donic itself has quite a number of very good rubbers to pair with her flagship blade. Unfortunately, cheap and Donic are not synonymous. In the cheap rubber universe, you are looking at tacky hard chinese...
  18. what is my playstyle?

    what is a retriever?
  19. Thoughts on this setup?

    Fast blade , slow blade.... The debate continues. This is my take and is targeted at amateur / club level player like myself. If you are a state or national level then you are on a different league from me. This post is not for you. Fast blade is only good on paper for the likes of us...
  20. what is my playstyle?

    Let me rehash your playstyle: 1) Mid-distance 2) Wanna loop / topspin but sucks at it hence just passive block Your playstyle is typical Noob style. Its ok, it is transient. All of us will go through this phase in our TT career. You will find your style later. Just practice the basic well...
Top