Search results

  1. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    I don't mind the softer name plates that are embedded in the handle. At worst it might take a tiny bit of sanding to make it feel smooth in the hand. The aluminium nameplates can definitely be annoying though when they're large. The smaller ones near the bottom of the handle like on most of the...
  2. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    Insane match, what a show from both players. I don't mind Harimoto's yelling when it comes from a good shot or a forced error where he played the rally well, but it's kind of weird to Cho so loudly from the opponent making a simple mistake. I think it's amplified by the fact that the TT...
  3. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    To be fair, he successfully blasts 99% of people off the table.
  4. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    I would love to see Szocs play this assertive in the future though. Clearly she still has room to grow into more of an offensive weapon even this late in her career.
  5. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    Kallberg vs Lebrun was a fantastic match. Szocs playing REALLY well. Maybe the best I've seen her play
  6. GLUE - Does the brand of glue i choose make a noticeable difference ?

    Sounds like some nonsense marketing to me. There is no reason butterfly glue would give better dwell time for butterfly rubbers specifically.
  7. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    With ZQH current form I don't think KJ had much chance. The only reason ZQH hasn't made deeper runs recently is he got knocked out of Europe Smash and Yokohama by Matsushima both times.
  8. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    This might be Duda's best chance to get a decent amount of ranking points back after his recent early exits. Kallberg and Lebrun are both beatable for him, hope he makes the semis at least (not holding my breath for him to beat Matsushima, who I am assuming will be his opponent).
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    As amateur players with limited time to practice, I'd say it's best to just focus on whatever is losing you the most points. As you improve, you move onto the next problem. As you get better, problems start to become less glaringly obvious and you can start to fine tune in ways that let you...
  10. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    ZQH playing really well lately. Almost beat Sora (at Yokohama I think) recently too. Had a 9-7 lead in the decider but lost 4 straight points. I think he has a tough run though, I think he matches up worse against Harimoto.
  11. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    Yeah, I mean earlier like first few months of 2026
  12. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    I remember him being injured earlier this year, though I don't remember the exact dates
  13. Blade differences between brands?

    "Oink."
  14. Blade differences between brands?

    Nah, no way in this case. 0.2mm thickness difference is definitely noticeable. I agree your point has merit for blades that have the same manufacturing specs, but the Ovtcharov and Harimoto ALC have a meaningfully different design beyond just the handle.
  15. Blade differences between brands?

    I can second this - my Yinhe blade has a better finish than my retired early blades blades (Yasaka + Tibhar). Better finish than on my 2 Clipper Wood as well (but Clipper might still be my favourite blade ever)
  16. Blade differences between brands?

    Brands like Sanwei and Yinhe make quality blades, and most of them will play the same as their Butterfly counterpart. Presumably they have worse quality control, but I don't know anyone with a Yinhe blade who has any problems with it. I've also seen/used blades from more premium brands where...
  17. Chinese players tactics: Switch the blade side when SMASH

    I don't think the logic was ever to have a lower power ceiling on backhand, but easier access to power. In most cases, that means a softer sponge so that you can generate speed more easily. Softer sponge often means less power...but... Hard, tacky hybrids and thick sponge, thin topsheet...
  18. Need Help, Dignics 05 alternativ with higher Arc

    V22 double extra is probably the best alternative
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah so with the robot/multi-ball, you still do it. You do have more of a backswing, but instead of your body rotating around an axis, you seem to push forward and up. Your weight IS shifting, but it's like a short, stabby kind of motion, rather than following an outside trajectory. Think of...
  20. WTT Contender Almaty 2026 Sep 1-6

    I was wondering if she had changed equipment myself. Her backhands were looking nasty.
Top