Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I had the rev no3 scissors, hated them. Try a small pair of straight tailoring scissors. For me, they work much, much better.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Scissors is the way, especially if you only change rubbers when necessary (3-6 months presumably), it's just so much easier to get a pretty decent result for very little difficulty. When I did use a knife though, I agree that making 2-3 passes is the best way.
  3. Blades with weight balance like Viscaria(less head-heavy)

    Rubbers might be the difference maker. I technically have the Max 02, which is the 'new' version of the Pro 01. Maybe they're different, or I just have a uniquely weighted one. That said, I also used the same rubbers on other blades that felt more head heavy than both the clipper and max 02
  4. Blades with weight balance like Viscaria(less head-heavy)

    Yinhe Pro 01 Clipper Wood Both quite nicely balanced. Most of the time I try someone else's blade in comparison to mine, it feels significantly more head heavy than either of my setups.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    If they chopped against your topspin serve, it will have a huge amount of backspin even though it pops high because they chopped with your spin. In those cases 90% of the time I will aim to brush the top of the ball with my smash, rather than hitting it a bit flatter. It will let it arc and...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I'd try use a pair of small tailoring scissors, since they're designed to be able to cut denser materials. They make cutting rubbers extremely easy. Don't try to cut it flush with the blade, you can leave a 1-2mm gap.
  7. Tournament lack of identity

    I think there's just too many in the tour. The 'grand slam' type format of tennis where there's big event 4x a year makes for a compelling watch and they all have their own character. With WTT they all kind of blend in to one another.
  8. Nittaku Blastac

    Wondering if you're still using? If so, how is the durability?
  9. New FZD ALC Borussia Edition

    Artificial scarcity is great
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Well, you can post whatever numbers you like but I can assure you that no one is going to believe you that Tenergy is 23.5 Shore A/33 ESN, a full 14.5 degrees less than Fastarc G1 - and 12.5 degrees lower than Butterfly's rating. Your readings are clearly not consistent, if not entirely wrong.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I'm much more inclined to think your measurement is wrong than the manufacturer, because Shore A 23.5 would make Tenergy somewhere around 33 ESN, and that's obviously not the case.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Rozena's much more forgiving for sure. It's pretty versatile and will let you play just about any shot. Glayzer is like a toned down version of the 05, but is still very much an attacking rubber.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Rozena is really an underrated rubber in that regard. Its hardness is only 1 degree below Tenergy, and the topsheet seems somewhat similar to somewhere the 80 in feel I find. I think it has spin somewhere around the 80, and speed slightly below the 05, which overall is still a plenty fast and...
  14. Rubber arc height and length discussion

    I don't think it's that cut and dry, I tend to play pretty close to the table and I prefer the 80 to the 05 on backhand. If you like to play close to the table and punch the ball a lot, you might still like Tenergy 64. You might also like to play further away and use the 05 to play high...
  15. Forehand swing/stroke

    Sometimes I want to reply to threads like this, but find it impossible to write anything less than an essay. My advice would be to get a coach, and to keep your focus on the most essential things that make a good, consistent forehand. Once brushing the ball and shifting your weight becomes...
  16. Rubber arc height and length discussion

    The graphs are a rough guide at best, but they are consistent with what most people seem to confirm anecdotally. Tenergy 64/Rakza 9 are noticeably very fast and produce flatter shots compared to rubbers like Tenergy 05/Fastarc G1. However there's going to be a lot of variance depending on the...
  17. Post your latest EJ purchase

    Rozena and Glayzer have a higher ceiling than most people give them credit for in my opinion. I think you'll find them nice on an outer carbon if you have already played carbon before. Glayzer is fairly forgiving but is also fairly hard, so I think it can feel hard to generate quality on a...
  18. Which ESN (or Jap) rubber is closest to H3 orange provincial (non NEO)?

    Most people seem to think it plays fine without booster. Tried one of my club members setups with it, didn't seem like it needed any booster to me. That said, it might be even better with a boost. At least it isn't too expensive so you can probably get a couple sheets and test it out.
  19. Which ESN (or Jap) rubber is closest to H3 orange provincial (non NEO)?

    Vega China probably, maybe the soft version.
Top