Search results

  1. Dignics and its Effect on Sales of Tenergy and Rozena

    True, but the feel is nothing like Rozena at all. The Glayzer is more similar something like Fastarc G1 which is already very popular.
  2. Thread about Japanese Players

    Ah that is a shame. I hope she can get it sorted.
  3. Thread about Japanese Players

    I wonder what the main bottleneck is for Miu Hirano. To me she always seems like she is close to a breakthrough and getting back to being a top10 player, but she never quite gets there. One of my favourite players to watch, would love to see her make a few deeper runs in WTT events.
  4. Modern rubbers are killing the rotation in the topspin play

    Pretty sure if modern rubbers were available back with the celluloid ball, people still would end up using them over stuff like Mark V.
  5. Modern Butterfly path forward for intermediate players

    Very roughly speaking, I would play Rozena and then go to Tenergy 05/80/19 on a wood blade if you wanted more from it (imo, Rozena behaves closest to Tenergy 80 of the 3). On a carbon blade I'd go with Glayzer then move to preference of Dignics 05/80 after a couple of years if you feel ready...
  6. Modern rubbers are killing the rotation in the topspin play

    This thread has me thinking it would be really interesting to see a Spinsight comparison between celluloid vs. plastic and different ball sizes. Classic vs modern rubbers on the different types as well.
  7. Modern rubbers are killing the rotation in the topspin play

    I'd say missing long is the ideal type of problem to have for youth players who are being coached. It means they're committing to shots properly, but probably not brushing the ball or closing the angle enough on the shot - both are easily corrected. With coaching, they will adapt over time and...
  8. Modern rubbers are killing the rotation in the topspin play

    I don't really see this as being due to rubbers. The amount of spin that modern rubbers can generate is significantly higher than older generations. The thinking also seems to have shifted a lot, where a lot of players base their game around countering. If anything, it seems more like a...
  9. Blades you wish were available in other color combinations

    I'd put the Mizutani Jun ZLC handle design on my blade. I think the red+black looks really good and fits with red+black rubbers. Not a fan of green on blades, I feel like it clashes a lot and just doesn't look nice. Not the topic, but I really dislike the look of green sponges as well. Green...
  10. Suggestions on rubbers for a man leaving h3 neo

    I play about 8 hours a week, including some time with multiball and drills. 6 months is 200+ hours of play and it's still in playable condition at that point. I clean the rubbers after every session before storage, as well as between matches on competition nights if they're noticeably dusty...
  11. Suggestions on rubbers for a man leaving h3 neo

    I use G1 sheets for 6 months and even when I replace it they are still playing fine. Also the first time I've ever heard anyone speak badly about G1 durability. I also find it's great for just about any shot, but it does require active play. If you're a more passive player, then it's not the...
  12. Suggestions on rubbers for a man leaving h3 neo

    Agreed that Fastarc G1 is a great choice. I think Dignics09c and Nuzn 55 are pretty high effort rubbers themselves, and you run the risk of having the same problem of them being difficult to use to full potential. I think the Dignics05 is better in that regard, and I also really like the Nuzn...
  13. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    It's great that you're confident at least. They'd smoke you and it wouldn't be close though, I have no doubt. In terms of how you know if you can trust advice. I tend to look for 3 things: - makes logical sense - consistent with other sources - relevant to what is currently costing you matches...
  14. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    The whole reason this thread is so long is because you literally claimed that.
  15. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    If we are comparing the opinions of someone who has made 1000s of blades using both Limba and Ayous on a daily basis, with an AI summary that just repeats the most common opinion, then we would probably side with the blade maker, no? Butterfly doesn't release the layer information publicly, and...
  16. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    I'm usually fairly consistent, but sometimes I have to go to league matches directly from a busy day at work. Mentally I can be a bit sluggish in my first match on those nights, playing on autopilot and not paying as much attention to my opponent. I tend to improve slowly over time as I play...
  17. tt gear lab site

    For the different blades I have tried with the same rubbers the results seem pretty accurate, however the weight of the model is important to keep in mind. Personal blades that I have used Fastarc G1 on forehand: Stratus Power Wood (93g) Harimoto ALC (90g) Clipper Wood (6.5mm) (92g) Other...
  18. tt gear lab site

    https://ttgearlab.com/2017/02/06/performance-indices-the-way-to-evaluatie-blade-by-measurement/ https://ttgearlab.com/2024/01/03/what-ttgearlab-does-updated-on-3rd-jan-2024/ https://ttgearlab.com/2017/02/06/the-example-of-the-comparison-by-performance-indices/ The methodology is at least more...
  19. tt gear lab site

    In some of the articles it's apparent that multiple copies of a blade are tested and the values are averaged. It's a good way to get a reference for what 'range' of basic behaviour you might expect from purchasing particular blade. The results seem fairly consistent across blades that have the...
  20. Tips on returning pendulum side + under spin service on doubles match

    Most basic answer: If the serve is long then you loop it, if the serve short you can push it. If you're not comfortable looping longer serves every time, I think it's best to go for a quality push. Take it before the peak of the bounce and deliberately put some backspin on it. A deep push with...
Top