Search results

  1. WTT Star Contender São José dos Campos 2026 July 21-26

    Uda has looked pretty sharp in his wins, if he can climb Mount Calderano (and in Brazil no less), it would legitimately signal a different level. But his last two matches have been absolutely dominant, like amazing consistency, power and precision from both sides of the racket.
  2. WTT Star Contender São José dos Campos 2026 July 21-26

    Higher chance sure. How much higher i don't know, Hayata is usually impervious to choppers as well when her form is right.
  3. WTT Star Contender São José dos Campos 2026 July 21-26

    The opposition did try. It was just too hard. Even Lily got two games, if you had told me that before the match I would have lost money betting against you.
  4. Why do Butterfly now claim that Tenergy 05 is spinnier than 05fx?

    As @Matteones says, playing level is very important in this calculation as it defines your swing speed range and the range of spin you typically face. Relative to my level, I have used harder sponges because I tend to crash into the ball with a desire to topspin all the time, even on drives...
  5. Why do Butterfly now claim that Tenergy 05 is spinnier than 05fx?

    Spinsight now exists for a more objective perspective on this. When you say spinny, do you mean absolute revs per second or do you mean the ration of revs per second to linear speed? And of course there is also the question if in what zone of speed and spin do you generally play in. I find...
  6. WTT Star Contender São José dos Campos 2026 July 21-26

    I think Hugo has a tough draw but if he plays the way he did vs Andre, the tournament is already over.
  7. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    The thread honestly wasn't that off-topic, the thread starter should have complained much more if he felt it was. And in all honesty. the SP blade is not on the market yet. The thread would be largely dead. That said, SP's brother is my current coach, maybe I will ask him about it if I...
  8. Idea of a new technique - hitting with your hand

    No, the reason why no one ever tried this is not about the rules, trust me, it is like saying no one ever tried a handle return because of the rules (in fact, we see the Dane use it for fun). Rules do not change the laws of physics, try to rally with your hand against a player using a regular...
  9. Why do Butterfly now claim that Tenergy 05 is spinnier than 05fx?

    The focus (and ball reaction) with the new plastic ball is different.
  10. Tibhar Infinity MX-P and MX-S will be released on May 11!

    That's the main reason I don't use MX-P - the booster smell makes it clear that its performance curve is tied to how long that lasts and for me the drop off when it leaves is significant. I prefer long lasting rubber to short periods of high performance given my budget and approach.
  11. Idea of a new technique - hitting with your hand

    That's a legitimate point of view for sure.
  12. Idea of a new technique - hitting with your hand

    The analogy i would draw is serving or returning with the blade handle. Or an uncovered point in the blade. Of course, you are free to feel anyway you want. I am just pointing out that while the rules permit it (just as the rules permit hitting the ball with the blade handle), it is extremely...
  13. Tibhar Infinity MX-P and MX-S will be released on May 11!

    Does it have the typical MX-P booster and smell?
  14. China Table Tennis Super League 2026

    Since Olympics is featuring only mixed teams, it makes sense to get teams used to the format rather than use one that doesn't prepare them for it.
  15. WTT Star Contender São José dos Campos 2026 July 21-26

    So many landmines in Hugo's draw.
  16. Idea of a new technique - hitting with your hand

    It is extremely hard at a decent level to get an advantage hitting consistently with the hand, beyond serve, it is highly impractical. Anyone who masters it deserves their rewards.
  17. If you are the CNT boss, what would you do?

    But Sora slammed the T League and played in the T League and the CSL and supposedly enjoyed the CSL more. So the CSL ban affects him while it doesn't affect Harimoto.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Had my second lesson this yesterday. Poor dietary choices and some unwise physical play left me in a bad playing state but I gave it my best effort. The weirdest part of the whole session for me was that my body was aching so badly (I wouldn't be surprised if I had a herniated disc...
  19. WTT Star Contender São José dos Campos 2026 July 21-26

    Not surprised at all, bigger events are coming up and what you have described is a minor crisis. What will be interesting is whether he has any real solutions, the problem is incredibly difficult, Ma Long endorsing him is not going to solve it.
  20. If you are the CNT boss, what would you do?

    Why do you say that? Sora played in the CSL the last two seasons - I don't remember the Harimotos playing in either...
Top