Search results

  1. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    Thanks, I stand corrected - but the guy is giving him some free coaching lol but you are right lol.
  2. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    Josh Zhou (aka musclepong) now uses Loki equipment, he hasn't made a short video with all the details, but he discusses live sometimes on YouTube with the German Loki distributor that sponsored him. Sorry not being sponsored...
  3. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    Sometimes, you really need to know the limitations of what you write. Using your logic, everyone in the videos should be lifting more than the janitor:
  4. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    He makes me wonder whether we really should allow posters to edit thread titles. But at this point, it isn't a big deal beyond him.
  5. Modern Butterfly path forward for intermediate players

    Using it for decades leads to a style and ball feeling. But some people do switch because after trying the new ball, they think they prefer what Dignics or Zyre does. Conversely some people don't because they don't see the point. There is definitely a benefit to using what players and coaches...
  6. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

  7. Modern rubbers are killing the rotation in the topspin play

    I agree, with the caveat that speed glue was somewhat cheaper even if less healthy and I haven't test how optimized these new rubbers are for spinning and blocking celluloid balls.
  8. Modern Butterfly path forward for intermediate players

    The upgrade path is a path, ultimately what you need to get a feel for is how fast/powerfully you swing and then given that, what rubbers suit that swing speed and contact depth and then try out those rubbers. While as an EJ I have used a lot of rubbers, the most importabt thing ultimately is...
  9. Modern rubbers are killing the rotation in the topspin play

    This is not relevant at the level most of us play at, but even if it was, I think a lot of things are being confused. The chiquita as a weapon was actually de‐fanged by the change to the new.ball because it became much easier to counter even if the lower spin mde it somewhat easier to play...
  10. I got coached by Truls Moregardh's Brother!

    Somehow I feel i missed this yhread even though I saw the video on YouTube. Amazing stuff and I wish he had discussed the countrerloop. Moregardh would make a lot of money as a webcoach....
  11. Modern rubbers are killing the rotation in the topspin play

    The older rubbers and Chinese rubbers are still on the market, use them and see whether they solve the problem as you describe it. Even Timo Boll complains about it a little, but unlike you he didn't blame the rubbers, he blamed the current ABS balls, which is far more in line with my...
  12. 2026 African Youth Cup

    Semis now on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/live/mrs3u1gAmBk?is=bO9e-XtMtkOGoXmB
  13. WTT Star Contender São José dos Campos 2026 July 21-26

    You just hating cos they beat Hong Kong China in XD ...
  14. WTT Star Contender São José dos Campos 2026 July 21-26

    She only won because Miwa didn't show up... Just trolling you, congrats to Hina...
  15. WTT Star Contender São José dos Campos 2026 July 21-26

    Before the match, I thought Uda was playing at a level where he could beat Hugo and I thought maybe the crowd might gove Hugo a boost. I thought the first game might have shown I was reading too much into Uda but the rest of the match did not. And yes, Hugo in Brazil is understandably...
  16. WTT Star Contender São José dos Campos 2026 July 21-26

    It's ultimately one event. We still need to see more. That said, i was pleasantly impressed with how he played throughout thr event and saw evidence of a new level.but I hope he can maintain it.
  17. WTT Star Contender São José dos Campos 2026 July 21-26

    Uda has been playing really well. And so has Hugo up to this point. I think putting it on Hugo's play especially after the first game is not fair to Uda.
  18. WTT Star Contender São José dos Campos 2026 July 21-26

    At least my eyes did not deceive, but maybe Mount Calderano in Brazil was just a bit much. I hope Uda can keep this form, it will make the JNT much more interesting going forward.
  19. Thread about Japanese Players

    While these things inevitably get more expensive, if we cant afford 1.99 for something we really believe we enjoy, TT will die a natural death. If WTT and local leagues could consolidate into a $10 per month streaming service, I would be all for it simply because without money, the sport...
  20. Suggestions on rubbers for a man leaving h3 neo

    A lot of it is really about trying and seeing what works. As long as you are willing to adapt, and by adapt ultimately I mean go through the pains of playing with the rubber and adapting your technique, the switch is not as ceazy as it seems. You also have a reasonable blade. All that said...
Top