Search results

  1. New FZD ALC Borussia Edition

    I know what I'm shopping for on my September trip to Germany...
  2. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    I was gonna ask what they put in the Ontario water, but the players are drinking the same Chinese bottled water they always do. Maybe the American food doesn't sit as well with the top-10 players :ROFLMAO:
  3. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    He's 2:2 in h2h against Truls, and Truls had to reach deep/get a little lucky to beat Bertelsmeier; but I'd still pick Truls most days. Kanak has played well but not what I'd call lights-out. Truls has some good combinations and an unpredictability that I think makes him a tougher matchup than...
  4. Asymmetrical blades

    You may as well ask why someone would play inner carbon vs outer carbon in the first place. If rubber alone made the difference, everyone would use the same generic blade. To answer your question, though, as someone who uses an asymmetrical blade: you get better hand feel and short game, and...
  5. Cheap Intermediate player paddle setup recommendations

    That's a really tight budget for getting anything "modern". Your best bet is to save money on the blade by getting something Chinese. Loki Kirin K5 is a great Allround blade for ~$12 on AliExpress, or the Sanwei Fextra 5 if you want something a little more OFF-. For more modern intermediate...
  6. The usual Backhand rubber - Something faster than C1??

    There's new rubbers in this range from different makers, too, that I'm curious about. Xiom's Vega O line, Andro's Vertic. I think Victas has a new 45° option as well.
  7. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    He changes so many times in a match that Butterfly probably included a clause in his contract that he had to make a Contender finals or earn a certain WR before they would spend the extra to print his name on that many shirts 😂
  8. The usual Backhand rubber - Something faster than C1??

    I play with Omega 8 Euro right now. It's a good backhand rubber. It has perhaps more catapult than C1, but less than Tenergy/Rozena. Feels harder than Rozena despite being essentially the same sponge hardness. It feels very similar to Andro Rasanter R45. Rakza Z is harder than your preferred...
  9. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    I actually disagree. I don't think they should be the only recap videos uploaded, but for folks (like me) who can't watch most of the matches for some reason or other I found it very convenient to be able to catch snippets of most of the matches in a condensed format. If they were only the 7-10...
  10. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    That Kao-Xue match did not disappoint! The shot-making from both sides was impressive, but Kao seemed to have superhuman reflexes with his FH counters. Highly recommend the highlight vid if you missed it!
  11. DHS W968 National vs W968 Gold / W968S / Q968 for intermediate player — no booster

    The HALC is already a slightly larger, faster, more direct version of an inner carbon blade, hence why I said the Q968 would be more similar in feeling and thus an easier transition. The Q968 is also generally accepted to have a better backhand than the W968. Look, H3 Blue Sponge, whether Neo...
  12. DHS W968 National vs W968 Gold / W968S / Q968 for intermediate player — no booster

    They all have more or less the same composition, but Q968 is going to be closer to your HALC in terms of head size and responsiveness, if you're looking for a "smoother" transition. Though honestly without trying someone else's first I don't know why you would switch since on paper they are...
  13. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    The app seems broken for me too. When I try to open it all I get is a message that "Something went wrong." No pending updates in the app store, either, so who knows when it will be fixed :rolleyes:.
  14. What is the closest ESN equivalent to Spring Sponge nowadays?

    On these two points I'm inclined to agree. I used the G1 on multiple blades and it was mostly the same. Glayzer has been amazing on my current blade (inner carbon, spruce top ply) but was not as lively--though still a fine rubber--on my Yinhe Pro 05 (inner, limba) and Donic Skachkov Carbon...
  15. What is the closest ESN equivalent to Spring Sponge nowadays?

    It's interesting; I agree with some but not all of this. I never found G1 to be bouncier or more catapult-y; I would say they're very similar. Even Rozena feels bouncier to me (granted, a softer sponge can have this effect). I also felt like G1's topsheet was harder. It was harder for me to...
  16. Press confirence about Beach Table tennis in Pattaya

    My ankles hurt just thinking about playing TT in the sand...
  17. Problem with Yinhe sponge

    I only use 1-2 thin layers so it does not change the feeling. You have to apply several layers to harden the blade enough to feel it. As for how often to re-seal, in my experience after maybe 4 or so rubber changes. When I can start to feel the raw wood again after taking a rubber off is when I...
  18. Problem with Yinhe sponge

    1) Seal your blade to prevent splintering. Butterfly blades ought to be factory-sealed, but it never hurts to add an additional thin layer, and even factory-sealed blades need re-sealing after several times of gluing and removing rubbers. 2) You can buy these rubber "eraser" things to help...
  19. Yinhe Big Dipper 5 Review: A Budget No-Boost Alternative to Hurricane 3 Neo with Some Tradeoffs

    Great review, as always. I do wish you had experience with the original BD to compare it to, as I've had a good experience with the OG BD but heard mixed reviews of BD5 in comparison. One thing I've seen mentioned is that BD5 is more tensioned and has a flatter arc than the original, leaning...
Top