Search results

  1. How to play against good close to the table players?

    Placement and spin is more important than pure power if you know they can block your most powerful shots. Avoid playing shots that take you off balance and pick your kill shots carefully.
  2. Zhang Jike on Blades and How to Try Them...

    Of course he is right. Especially when considering the blade as something you might want to use over time and not just first impressions.
  3. Major League Table Tennis (MLTT)

    He is probably going to bring his daughter to MLTT as well lol...
  4. Zhang Jike on Blades and How to Try Them...

    When World Champions sound like USATT 2000 EJs, something is going on...
  5. Beating the plateau at low intermediate level

    For people who find Tenergy 05 too jumpy there is always Tenergy 19. Easy to spin with, juat not as easy to get amazing shots with. In the emd though, I usually find that Tyce is discussing a game that has changed so much in nostalgic terms. There really is no answer loss of old school spin...
  6. Help me to fix my FH loop :/

    How many players do you admire who are not Chinese have a "Chinese forehand loop"? How many players who you admire do not have a Chinese forehand loop? The valley of mimicry of form has consumed many good players, it is more important to be able to execute required functions with a stroke...
  7. Help me to fix my FH loop :/

    Technique is a very delicate thing, there are big wrong things and there are small wrong things. Being unhappy with your technique doesn't say much other than that you are not happy with it, but when someone brings technique with small wrong things to the forum, I think Takkyu"s reaction is...
  8. Help me to fix my FH loop :/

    The stroke looks fine. Improving such things usually comes down to who you have to beat and what tradeoffs you have to make between physical effort, efficiency, pracrice, timing etc. Could you bloop better? Sure. So can Ma Long. What makes Ma Long Ma Long is less technical than it is about...
  9. Butterfly Dimitrij Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC Review

    This best Ma Long blade - if we compare it to a Fan Zhendong ALC, what does it cost?
  10. Opinion on zyre, tenergy 05 , dignics 09c and nuzn/rasanter rubbers?

    Yes, but there are some people who like the trade off. It's a personal thing. They also made T19 for people who wanted a more Dignics-like Tenergy.
  11. Opinion on zyre, tenergy 05 , dignics 09c and nuzn/rasanter rubbers?

    Agree with everything except that Tenergy 05 is too slow. In fact there are people who argue that Dignics 05 is too slow and prefer the quick release of Tenergy. I find Tenergy 05 fine and Tenergy 19 better for what I do, but I think all the Butterfly rubbers are reasonably good. The choices...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Dealing with different playing environments (ball, table, playing hall size/acoustics/airflow) is a problem at every level. No magic solutions other than preparation. Sometimes a ball skids through one table while it slows down on another. High friction is normal for Butterfly and Gewo and...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The collagen supplementation helps quite a bit. If I had to try regenerative stuff I woukd probably go forum shoulder if possible before knee. My shoulder really scares me lol. But yeah everything is stiff. That is why I want to see how far I can go. One of the things I realize is that...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Right now there is a lot of hype around creatine supplementation. Skeptical but I am trying it out, 5-10g a day. Along with collagen peptides for my joints. I don't like gyms but I have 4 50 lb kettle bells at home and 1 100 lb one which will probably soon have a companion. Trying to regain...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Not sure how old you are or how much gym work you do. But there are lots of mobility channels on youtube now. If I have any recommendation for young people, it would be to start these things young when they are somewhat easier. But even people at our age, especially people with desk jobs...
  16. What happened?

    I deleted it. A smarter moderator than myself wanted to keep it but I got tired of people hitting the report button. People rarely hit the report button on the forum consistently on any post, and when many different people do so, it is for me a sign that something is really offending them on...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Couldn't play the past week - too busy studying. So I went to play today and jist as life would have it, I felt like I was on fire. Maybe the rest did my body well, was moving and hitting the ball and blocking on time. Then I hit my racket and finger on the table. Tore the rubber, cut my...
  18. England Nationals (Mark Bates Ltd Senior National Championships 2026)

    Injuries, mental health issues that he has discussed publicly and of course, style considerations as people get more used to the new ball and the backhand play it enables, But he can still play great table tennis, but right now is injured.
Top