Search results

  1. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    Having Abiodun and Chirita, who are also Ochsenhausen teammates and play doubles sometimes there play this event in doubles is almost cheating lol... but let's see how far they go...
  2. Is it unfair to say “yes”/“cho” when the opponent makes an error?

    You can have more passion for the game shouting after every point as well. It depends on the individual.
  3. Help with technique and match analysis

    I started much older than you. The Ghanian guy in this video started much older than you as well - he is 6 years older than his opponent though it isn't obvious. Ultimately in this sport, you go as far as your resources take you.
  4. Help with technique and match analysis

    We have a thread here where relatively decent players comment on posted videos. You can post your videos there and receive free comments as a start. https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/video-footage-safe-thread.26467/
  5. German league TTBL 2025-26

    Ah okay. Thanks for explaining. No I am not new to following Pokal, this was the first time I had followed it and seen teams like Duesseldorf losing to Homburg or teams like Fulda getting stretched by Grunswettersbach (yes, I remember a couple of years back when one team had an international...
  6. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    Okay. I will find the response that *you* gave me when I last wrote that Kanak has an issue with doubles (which is why he doesn't play XD) another time and rather than straightforwardly agreeing, you posted he had good results in UTT league which would further support my main point. I will...
  7. Help with technique and match analysis

    You are in a very good place for 2.5 years. Try to find a strong technical coach/mentor early rven if it is paying for video analysis or going to a local camp. You may have one already but I have found that good mentorship reaps immense rewards in table tennis.
  8. German league TTBL 2025-26

    Not at all. I dont know as much as someone trying to place players but I know far more than casual lens. I am simply wondering why these are responses to what I have written as opposed to standalone expository items. I didn't reply to your post, you replied to mine. So I am trying to figure...
  9. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    I don't pretend I know everything but you dont havw to respond to me to explain things I usually already know. Wrire your own post about it. It doesnt have to be a reply to me.
  10. German league TTBL 2025-26

    Thanks for the example. I discussed Duesseldorf extensively. I was wondering what relevance a comment about some teams not focusing on the Pokal had to my post. Thanks for making jt clear ehat the relevance was and confirming my suspicious that there was no relevance.
  11. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    Looks like the big artillery is being deployed... SYS and WCQ activated... https://wtt-website-api-prod-3-frontdoor-bddnb2haduafdze9.a01.azurefd.net/social/article/5656?source=https://www.worldtabletennis.com/description?artId=5656
  12. Is it unfair to say “yes”/“cho” when the opponent makes an error?

    While it isn't perfectly applicable to the OP's post, I wish I could copy the video of Lebesson playing Angela Guan in thr golden game between Chicago and I can't remember the other team. Angela Guan is at best 2400 USATT. Lebesson is 2750+. Yet you could hear Lebesson cho after pretty much...
  13. Is it unfair to say “yes”/“cho” when the opponent makes an error?

    I guess it depends on whether Draymond Green is motivated to play the way he does without that personality. But like I said, for the idea of competing your best, I dont think there are any right or wrong answers. And in the absence of rules against it, it is important to do what you think is...
  14. Slower FH rubber

    Not sure i would agree that TG3 is slower than H3. Skyline 2, maybe, but Skyline 3, not so much.
  15. German league TTBL 2025-26

    So how does what you posted apply to what I wrote about? Curious. Which of the clubs you know are not focused on thr Pokal?
  16. Is it unfair to say “yes”/“cho” when the opponent makes an error?

    Do you have to apologize for them? And what is wrong with celebrating them if they are a result of your risk-taking and effort? Not disagreeing with you as much as I am playing devil's advocate.
  17. Is it unfair to say “yes”/“cho” when the opponent makes an error?

    There is no correct answer here, it's more a personal and cultural thing because as someone pointed out, it is a zero sum game so you benefit from opponents mistakes and your lucky shots. In principle, anything good for you should be celebrated. The line between luck and your effort is thin...
  18. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    BTW mixed pairs were extremely common in the 80s, were unpopular for a while and then brought back. They have never been a recent years tradition. In fact some great doubles pairings in European countries have been mixed pairs from Slavic countries. Of course there are players who play very...
  19. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    I gave a specific example. There are pairs of players who register without partners and meet at the tournament. Are you claiming such players do not exist at the pro level, have always trained together for doubles and that I am making it up? Its not hard to just say in my specific example I am...
  20. ITTF World Youth Championships 2025, Cluj Napoca, 11/23-30

    Thailand too strong for US. They clinch at least a bronze medal. The Thail girl was probably bigger than their male player. Made Irene's lack of size stand out. She (Thai girl) was tall and powerful enough to open on anything that landed short with her backhand. Congrats to Thailand.
Top