Search results

  1. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    Sure. Most of the value you contribute to the forum comes not from your opinions but your translation of well regarded foreign (news) sources that we do not have easy access to in the West and tieba users do not qualify as well regarded news source. Like I said you are free to continue the...
  2. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    The bottom line is that citing the posts of random posters on another forum doesn't give us any insight here. But you are free to continue the practice.
  3. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    This WTTC will be dedicated to the "wisdom" of Tieba posters. BTW did Lee Sang Su qualify for this event?
  4. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    He was a supreme athlete and took care of himself incredibly well, it truly is amazing. One thing about China is that they put their players through stuff, making it out on the other side makes you special.
  5. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    I could be wrong but likely at least 5ft 8, possibly 5-10.
  6. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    Amy had a massive growth spurt that affected her game. It's much as I sometimes criticize her game, TT is harder for tall players and her play reflects her obvious talent and work regardless of how it looks. Many people who try to play more athletically get injured. It comes with risk and...
  7. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    The WTTC curse of Dima continues....
  8. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    Did Franziska play on table 1? It's not apples and oranges to compare a match on a show table to a match on another table - one of the gifts of Macao was that all the tables where show tables because they only used two for the whole event.
  9. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    Kao survives the use of way too many behind the back shots by Lilian...
  10. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    Upset alert on table 3... Kao vs Bardet...
  11. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    Whoever came up with these red tables in an era when it is much easier to test ideas extensively is an idiot.
  12. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    I find that when watching American sports live, they usually spice in all these things to keep the ambience going while commercials are on in real life. I guess if you are used to watching soccer matches where they don't do anything during half time, then you don't care much. Not sure it is...
  13. What is the most important area to jump from 1900 to 2100?

    Sometimes, you can tell coaches what you need to work on and they will do it for you even if they are coaching other students in a different way.
  14. What is the most important area to jump from 1900 to 2100?

    But maybe there is something about how you execute the serve that makes it unstable at critical moments. This is where practice based on the principles of timeless technique can be helpful. I have a friend who has nasty serves but also misses a lot of serves. His setup and preparation are not...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Good stuff. I have one point against Jian Li where he sidespin loops thr ball.and I kill it with my slow rubbers and thr crowd gore oooh... still my best point ever against a high level player and you out did that a few times here lol.
  16. What is the most important area to jump from 1900 to 2100?

    Serve consistency is probably the biggest signature of a strong player, but I suspect (projecting a bit here) that in practice you give yourself too much credit for your serves being low and spinny in the absence of a strong returner (in fact, my serves are been relatively high for a long time...
  17. What is the most important area to jump from 1900 to 2100?

    For me the biggest gap I feel between the players who I struggle to beat at the 2000 level is that they are consistently athletic and physical so they don't fall apart when forced to move and they hit the ball with interest. IF you can make and recover to hit two or three shots with quality, or...
  18. What is the most important area to jump from 1900 to 2100?

    Not really, usually the tactics that get you to level as high as 1700 USATT are already in your style, the key is usually to improve their quality and application. While the mental aspects are clearly important, I think most of them still show up in play as technical issues or inconsistency...
  19. Does training with a certain ball matter?

    I disagree. It clearly does, the question is the difference in preparation and level of the players. Certain balls play to certain strengths and weaknesses, and these can be issues depending on specific styles and how close in level the players are. I find I personally struggle when switching...
Top