Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    That's adrenaline baby! Same thing happens to me. I've been nursing a serious back injury since 2017. Of course, I've done major rehab and for the most part i'm great, but some days I am dealing with the pain ( especially when i slack on my core exercises) but I swear as soon as i get warmed up...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Did you play in the ICC tournament? I almost went last minute but i decided i better keep saving for my new robot. plus wife said I have to finish the nursery before I can get my robot lol.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    hmmmm unfortunately i would have had to walk out of that coaching camp if they would let me wear my VIVO Primus Trail FG. After wearing barefoot shoes for over 3+ years, I simply cannot wear regular shoes anymore. It would be like trying to play table tennis using a wrist brace lol. But like...
  4. What drills to do to reach solid 1500 USATT?

    guess it really depends on your long term goals right? I think at my club, i could push and beat players that are 1600....but I aspire to be 2000+ USATT. So I work on my pushes, but I spend more time working on looping underspin shots coming at me. 100% agree with how you have to look at how...
  5. What drills to do to reach solid 1500 USATT?

    I worry that pushing excellently might allow someone to become 1500 USATT but it would slow down their growth in the long run. I know I have been practicing my FH loops since I was rated 1100. Sure I threw away a lot of points but now my FH loop is a deadly weapon that often players like 1900...
  6. Looking for Opportunities to practise/play in Tokyo, Japan in Oct

    wow $5.50!! how much is the monthly membership?
  7. Looking for Opportunities to practise/play in Tokyo, Japan in Oct

    That venue looks cool! How much does it cost to play there? When i went to Tokyo 6 years ago i was really close when I went to visit the tower. but that was before i started playing table tennis again.
  8. Should you curl fingers at back of bat when using jpen/Japanese penhold RPB??

    They should have penholder only events at tournaments here in the USA like they do with Hardbat. That would be fun!
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have been day dreaming about the OMNI-S almost every day. I just need to build up the courage to ask my wife if I can buy one... LOL
  10. Have you tried Stuor Cybershape blades?

    Never tried that particular one but I have used a viscaria clone Stour and it was pretty solid. If i was trying to save some money, i would definitely consider. They are well made, especially for the price point.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Looking solid bro! Seems like you're giving your coach a good run for his money now...or maybe its just the highlight reel lol. What rubber are you using for your backhand? Your backhand looks really good to me! Exactly like how nextlevel says.... you can really swing the hip back and still...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    As @Der_Echte says, I caused some serious trouble at the clubs the last two days. Beating players that are 150-200 points higher than me. Every week, i'm getting more and more consistent with my serve return. I am able to drop many serves short, and i'm looping or flicking serves that go long or...
  13. What hurricane version to get?

    All the DHS rubbers I got from HW sports were legit. Confirmed with the scratch off code on the dhs authentication website
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I own my own Newgy 2055...but one of my club mates let me borrow his power pong 5000 (similar to the new model Power Pong Delta). It's a pretty good robot...does all the different spins during the same drill (unlike the newgy 2055). The robot i want though is the Pong Bot Omni-S. I think its...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    We live in the northern part of the valley of California. no humidity...just dry heat. Thankfully my garage doesn't face west so it does stay in the shade most of the day which also helps. I still train in my garage twice a week. but with the robot....and the insulated garage door is closed...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Seriously man! It’s crazy that we are excited for 90 degree weather lol. My garage is insulated so it’s basically been off limits except for playing on the robot where it’s probably only 90 degrees in the garage on those 100+ degree days. Once it cools down, you will have to stop by. I got some...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    @Der_Echte isn’t lying when he says he plays in his chaklas!!
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    haha dude are you me? the guy i referenced in my post is also a cpen player. Except he likes to serve wide (long and short, dead, top spin and backspin) to my forehand a lot. Doing these extra two steps on my return really puts me in the good posistion, especially with forehand returns where...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Had a solid go at the round robin last night. Was #2 at my table but won all 5 of my matches. I've been focusing on taking a small step a moment before my opponent serves the ball. Once the ball is hit and i can see exactly where it s going, i take another small (or large if its wide) step to...
  20. My 7 years old son is a Ma Long Fan

    wow he's very good for being 7. I have a son on the way in december. I am hoping and praying he wants to play TT with me when he's older!
Top