Search results

  1. NOVA S Pro Experience

    I have the OMNI S Pro. Love it!!!
  2. Using the non-dominant hand. [Timo Boll] handswitch.

    Cool topic. I'm actually left handed but athletically, i'm mixed handed. I play all paddle sports with my right hand. I throw the ball with my right hand. Shoot basketball with my right hand. In soccer (i'm retired), my left foot was more skilled and accurate, right foot was stronger. I golf...
  3. How should I return short and low no spin serves that come to my backhand other than pushing them long or slowly flicking them being left handed?

    I remember watching this match live. LSS played unbelievably well. I guess my question to you, since you are using videos of the pros, are you saying that your opponents are regularly serving as well as LSS does in this match? Is it possible that your opponent is sometimes serving the ball...
  4. How should I return short and low no spin serves that come to my backhand other than pushing them long or slowly flicking them being left handed?

    why would why would it automatically be half long if you put more backspin on it? if its deadspin serve, you keep your paddle paddle more perpendicular to the table, and "chop" down to touch the ball short with more backspin......
  5. How should I return short and low no spin serves that come to my backhand other than pushing them long or slowly flicking them being left handed?

    push short? I think when you get to a certain level, the best return is the kind of return that your opponent doesnt expect (just like a serve). Sometimes you push short, other times you push long, and when you have the right chance, perform the best backhand flick you can, but be prepared for...
  6. Pongbot Nova S Pro owners' review and discussion thread

    Dang, of course there's an update when i'm at work, not near my robot, so i can't get into the app fully to see any changes. I wish there was an option to put the frequency into the negatives. sometimes i want to practice one shot over and over, but i need a full second or two to reset. please...
  7. Which part of body use is more important when doing forehand topspin?

    It's kind of a weird question as to which is "most important", as I would argue they are all important for their own reason. You're not going to generate any real power without the use of your legs or hips, and you're not going to land the ball where you want without the proper arm and wrist...
  8. Pongbot Nova S Pro owners' review and discussion thread

    I am getting a ton of great serve receive practice on my OMNI S pro. I cannot move the robot around to different places on the table, but i have been able to practice returning against all the major types of serves (tomohawk, pendulum, hook, dead, etc). plus I get the added bonus of a more...
  9. PONGBOT OMNI S PRO Robot Review

    Yea... i tried those pre-programmed drills once and never again. went straight to custom drills and never looked back. If i could edit those bills in the pre-programmed drills, that would be awesome.
  10. Is short pips answer to receiving serves?

    Best way to improve your serve is to gain experience. Have your partner give you the same serve over and over until you can get a good feeling for the serve. Then move on to the next serve. It is going to take thousands of repetitions and many months to improve your serve return. Another...
  11. Do these things happen in the club where you play table tennis?

    Our tables are first come first serve. If people are waiting, you have to play a match, or if you're just going to practice you get 20 minutes before you have to rotate off. If you play a match, if you win, you can stay on one more time. if you win twice, both rotate off. Now, there are some...
  12. ❓What Is Your Setup, and WHY?

    Ive been playing for 3.5 years. I'll tell you every set up ive ever owned. When I first joined the club, I was given a USATT rating of 800. I didnt know what I was doing and I bought a 729 V-6 paddle with Presto Speed rubbers because it was a relatively cheap option from our local table tennis...
  13. Pongbot Nova S Pro owners' review and discussion thread

    for serve return, the highest spin setting ive used is 5.5. For drive / loop practice, i've had the spin set to a highest of 6...so yeah...maybe barely more than half of the spin power of the robot. I'm 1700 USATT and I find those levels of spin from the robot very similar to what my opponents...
  14. Pongbot Nova S Pro owners' review and discussion thread

    I still highly recommend a PONGBOT robot. For the price, you cannot get a better multi-ball "partner". All robots have their limitations and their benefits, but for the price point, a Pongbot really is your best bet. Ive been an owner of an OMNI S pro since late October, using the robot multiple...
  15. Pongbot Nova S Pro owners' review and discussion thread

    Where did you get those rubber bands? i haven't noticed any drop off in performance on my omni but i do see a little bit if "rub off" on the spinny wheels in my robot. wonder how long it would take to affect the performance. I also wonder how difficult it would be to do the same retro fit on the...
  16. How much do ping pong coaches charge per hour, where you live?

    Nor cal- i was paying $45 an hour for two of my coaches, then my third coach charged me $60 for a session which would be up to 2 hours if i had the endurance lol.
  17. Why hurricane 3 are less tacky?

    I never got to use the super "sticky" tacky DHS rubbers. mine have all been the more "matte" finish. still more tacky than my tenergy 05 i used to play with and even the D09C i currently have on my backhand. I dont think there has ever been any official word from DHS. However, watching WTT...
  18. Double Fish samples has arrived - what is your opinions?

    looking forward to your review of the training balls! i've had good experience with DF balls. Durabilty is great...like DHS balls, but i like the feeling of the DHS DJ WTT balls more so far.
Top