Search results

  1. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Oh yeah I definitely practice that with my coach! One other thing I do is 25 balls to that same spot, first hit I go cross court to my opponent@/ backhand, then reset and aim for the middle (opponents elbow), then reset and on the third shot go down the line (opponents forehand). If I miss a...
  2. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I am open to comments btw!
  3. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Finally got some footage from some of my robot training in the garage. Approx 2 months ago i changed grip (as per my new coach's advice) to a more neutral/traditional grip ..so i'm still adjusting. some of my balls are flying long, but others are coming off real quality in training and in match...
  4. Post your latest EJ purchase

    its beautiful. Maybe the most beautiful blade in the industry. Let us know how you like the D09C. What rubbers were you using before?
  5. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    What makes you think table tennis will be expelled? According to that article, the IBA was given warnings by the IOC with concerns about their ethics, governance and finances. Have similar warnings been given to ITTF? If so, please provide a link so that I may review. Thanks
  6. Some of my today training footage

    I agree. Tactics are so important in this game. There is always going to be someone who has "better technique" but do they have better tactics? Can they perform those tactics in a match setting? This is how i believe you are upsetting higher ranked players in matches. It's how i do the same. I...
  7. Sandpaper League

    Sounds like a terrible idea.... if players dont like losing they should get spotted a few points.
  8. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    Adam Barbrow just did an episode where he faced a club full of members in Bali. Looked like a handful of them had this super high aspect pip ratio rubbers. He still beat all of them lol.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Picking my folks up from SF airport on Sunday. You know what that means? Three hours of open play at 888. I won’t be able to stay league play unfortunately. Hopefully I can find someone to hit with!
  10. Focus exhaustion

    To echo what others have said, breathing is so important. I have a friend who will become drenched in sweat when he forgets to breath properly. Besides that, basic conditioning exercises should help with your overall table tennis fitness. If you are physically able, ladder/cone drills are a...
  11. Which training ball to pick

    I've been using doublefish 3 star balls from aliexpress in my robot. Pretty cheap and very high quality.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I guess it's a common theme that wives lead to lack of sleep? They never told me this when i giving my oaths lol. I need to see this. and learn it so that I can use it at James tournament where I signed up for 5 events lol.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Awesome! Thanks Der..... i'm always looking for ways to improve. I think when you saw me i was at 100% exhaustion point from 2 nights in a row of only sleeping 5 hours....but I know my footwork/stance still needs a lot of work.
  14. Does doing pushups have any advantage on playing?

    Hey Joola...i'm glad to help. Please just make sure to keep proper form when doing pushups, otherwise that could ironically lead to injuries. If you do not know proper form, ask an experienced trainer, or at a bare minimum watch some videos on youtube. One of the most common mistakes i see in...
  15. Bounce with the Ball / Split-Step

    Funny that this thread just popped up. Recently I had to get a new coach due to mine moving 2 hours away. My new coach has been a huge stickler about FOOTWORK. He has been helping me incorporate this hop step/split step. He gave me actually a little side stepping drill to practice too. I'll...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Finally won my table in the Round Robin after my 2 month slide post covid. Feels good to get some wins against my sworn enemy- long pips. Going to try and train as much as possible for the next month leading up to the a local tournament.
  17. Does doing pushups have any advantage on playing?

    Hey Draycott- so happy to hear TT is improving your fitness and that you're still playing at good level at 57. The best player at our club is 65 years old and he's rated over 2100. I hope i can do something similar in the twilight of my yonder years. I am not sure why you are assuming that...
  18. Wrist pain

    If your wrist is swollen and painful, you can ice for a day or two until the swelling subsides. From there, the fastest way to recover is with heat. If you have the budget, consider investing in a thermotex far-infrared heating pad. I swear out of all of my athletics recovery devices (TENs...
Top