Search results

  1. Best way to practice 3rd ball attack?

    To get really good at this, it is usually better if your opponent/pracrice is at least a level.or two better than you. Because ultimately the challenge is dealing with an opponent who is able to vary their response to a predictable serve at the last second. If your practice partner can loop...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Well the game is complicated and it requires a lot of patience and experimentation. The truth is that even if you solve problems in TT, they often remain problems at a higher level lol. But the one thing that is guaranteed, regardless of technique, is that a quality attack requires a...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Now for the technical part, some of which you have already alluded to: 1. Point your feet outwards, some people do it differently, but I have been pointing my feet outwards for almost a decade and the results have been largely positive. 2. Use whip mechanics to power your serves and shots so...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I was going to make some comments about your game that you look fairly decent in straight topspin rallies with some pace. But you don't always read the ball when the stroke lacks quality and this results in mistakes on openers because you aren't skilled at generating your own spin and control...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Do you have a video of you playing well, or your best match ever which shows how you think you should have played? All of this is legit U1200 play so I am trying to understand what you expected to happen... We can explain a lot of things with technical concepts, but the reality is this - how...
  6. FZD beat both LSD and WCQ in Chinese Super League

    Is league over? I thought there was a playoff in 2 weeks or so...
  7. FZD beat both LSD and WCQ in Chinese Super League

    I get that, I was just being facetious and trying to poke at the FZD fanboys...
  8. FZD beat both LSD and WCQ in Chinese Super League

    He has those moments - he had them in League last time and with ML took his team to the Champs... but something is missing for sure... he can't do it on demand and consistently...
  9. FZD beat both LSD and WCQ in Chinese Super League

    What about FZD losing to Xu Yingbin 0-3? Why is that missing?
  10. Why do you play Table Tennis?

    I actually don't play badminton lol. But the table tennis club where I play placed us on a badminton court. The facility has more badminton and pickleball.
  11. Why do you play Table Tennis?

    I currently play table tennis in a badminton court and the disparity in prices makes the owner (a badminton guy) almost want to shut down the table tennis section lol.
  12. 2024 Chinese Super League roster is out

    Okay. It seems what happened to Chen Meng happens to most players when they turn 30. Nothing to write home about unless you explain how it ties into something other than rumors. My point about favoritism is simply that if he performs he will play. He was given wildcards at China Smash and a...
  13. 2024 Chinese Super League roster is out

    What exactly happened to Chen Meng? You are always given a chance to prove your level. Age is never a part of it beyond logic. If Xu Yingbin starts beating everyone today including foreigners, he will make the team. Nothing to do with age or favoritism.
  14. 2024 Chinese Super League roster is out

    FZD already can do what he wants, his need to prove himself in non-critical matches is minimal. He picks and chooses his spots. He obviously didn't want to lose but it doesn't change anything for him. That's why the Chinese don't make decisions based on one match.
  15. 2024 Chinese Super League roster is out

    If he performs, he will get his chance. My point is that if he was seriously better, it would.be showing up in many places. He wouldn't lose to Xu Xin either lol.
  16. 2024 Chinese Super League roster is out

    I was speaking about last season, not so much this one but regardless, what you want to see is a player doing better overall on a broad scale, not just winning some league or tour matches.
  17. 2024 Chinese Super League roster is out

    Playing well is not the goal, becoming an all round solid player who wins tours and can contend for majors is the goal. Otherwise you just remain a practice partner.
  18. Butterfly 05fx alternatives

    I have never used 05fx because I found it too soft for what I do. But someone who liked it a lot @Der_Echte liked Aurus so I would start there. C1 is a good rubber but I could play with it and not 05fx and I really can't explain why lol.
  19. Butterfly 05fx alternatives

    It is well known that Butterfly spring sponge is Butterfly spring sponge. All the rubbers that enable you to play somewhat like Tenergy or Dignics are not rubbers that feel like Tenergy or Dignics. You can just sometimes make similar shots with them or play somewhat similar styles. If you...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Love the "You can't Google experience". As a 1200 or lower player, sometimes even up to 2200, you don't know enough about your game to tell when you are playing within or without it. Too often, I have seen players complain about missing shots that they are approaching with technical...
Top