Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So the hell began this morning as I woke up to find out that we were to face a team full of NY players Inused to play against in East Coast tournaments when I lived in Philly. I was scheduled to face their ace in the very first match, a fellow countryman from the land of Nigeria. His game is...
  2. ITTF World Youth Championships 2024, Helsingborg, 11/22-29

    Not necessarily but that there is time for some gaps to get narrower as experience solving problems is a big deal in table tennis. Table tennis is too complicated to make it exclusively about age, but if Goda was beating Kaufmann, then you have something very, very special. But Kaufmann...
  3. ITTF World Youth Championships 2024, Helsingborg, 11/22-29

    Goda is 16, Kaufmann is 18. That's the story for me. A one and a half year difference is significant.
  4. ITTF World Youth Championships 2024, Helsingborg, 11/22-29

    With Kaufmann, if you don't contain the angles, you lose very quickly if you don't get the ball past her.
  5. Player income from WTT

    Sad joke...very penetrating...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Playing at the NA teams, hoping to see as many of you as possible. Playing on a team of 5 as the 4th ranked players, therefore i sat out the matches most important for our seeding. I played the matches that we were very unlikely to win, and therefore only played 2200+ opposition in 3 singles...
  7. ITTF World Youth Championships 2024, Helsingborg, 11/22-29

    Anyone know what Mia Griesel uses? She hits the ball pretty thick sometimes I wonder whether it us pips on either or both sides and if not at all, she has extremely talented ball contact and an extremely bright future.
  8. ITTF World Youth Championships 2024, Helsingborg, 11/22-29

    Crazy right? I wonder how Ruibo Wen is feeling at the moment.
  9. ITTF World Youth Championships 2024, Helsingborg, 11/22-29

    Etiquette is a funny thing. Nets are part of the game, these are opponents he has consistently struggled against. This was part of the reason why the 10-0 ritual of losing a point had to go, it took you out of your focus. The kid will be fine.
  10. Viscaria Super ALC

    I never tried the Fan but this blade is faster than the Viscaria but has a different feeling from the Viscaria in a subtle way that is more flexy. I think it is better for the Dignics rubbers than the original Viscaria.
  11. ITTF World Youth Championships 2024, Helsingborg, 11/22-29

    She wants to contend for world championships and feels she should be contending already. Her mindset as revealed in the TTD podcast interview with her was very interesting.
  12. ITTF World Youth Championships 2024, Helsingborg, 11/22-29

    Junsung looked completely unable to find anything consistent to work with against Ruibo. Every rally you felt was going to be won by Ruibo no matter how good Junsung looked when the rally started.
  13. Why are these two choppers so successful?

    I think the responses on the thread have been more than sufficient, Sato was known to trouble Ding Ning and made the national team a few times, so I find it amusing that you are using their (current) WTT ranking to measure their strength. That said, they are far more exciting to watch now than...
  14. WTT Feeder Vila Nova de Gaia 2024, 2024/11/23-27

    Reversal of fortune...
  15. ITTF World Youth Championships 2024, Helsingborg, 11/22-29

    Noticed that Milos has to get past Quek... WJTTC is tough...
  16. ITTF World Youth Championships 2024, Helsingborg, 11/22-29

    Redzimski is hot, but Bertelsmeier has impressed me thoroughly.
Top