Search results

  1. Table Tennis Crisis

    If you have played enough tournaments and league matches, nothing @dingyibvs is saying is rocket science. Better players tend to be better by being able to do things at 80% effort that keep them consistent against worse players playing at 110% effort. When someone is stressed about losing to...
  2. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    This thread is an interesting way to announce breaking 2200 without announcing breaking 2200. At least Scrubplayer won't go around saying he is really 2400 because he is underrated and plays in LA since he came to the East Coast and didn't see the miraculous jump in rating he expected. Much...
  3. XIOM C55 Impressions and Comparison with H3N

    I get ir, we can juat throw our hands up in the air and go home. But no seriously, anyone who was watched the all about Tenergy videos and read the Butterfly blade specifications charts anf rubber apeed and spin charts and thinks the Butterfly ratings are entirely meaningless is entitled to...
  4. Is there a standard head size?

    158 by 152 is fairly common as well.
  5. WE CHALLENGED AFRICAN CHAMP QUADRI ARUNA!

    Hobby players! Count me in!
  6. WTT Contender Almaty 2024 Sep 3-8

    Yeah. But she played subpar internationally before last month. Maybe Odo just gave her the points out of charity lol. Odo doesn't need them at the moment.
  7. WTT Contender Almaty 2024 Sep 3-8

    That was a surprise - looks like Yokoi is playing closer to what she does in t-League now lol... either that or Odo was completely off...
  8. Table Tennis Crisis

    So I think our ultimate diagnosis is different. I see in OP a player who got to 1900 and misunderstood what the 1900 rating was because of how he got there, and assumed that 1900 earned after playing for a few tournaments (say 20 matches or much less) was the same as 1900 earned after playing...
  9. Table Tennis Crisis

    In my experience, such things work far better when tied to skill development and weapons that the players actually deploy. You can't reduce your risk in tight moments if you do not have the skills to reduce your risk in tight moments. The mental aspect is often spoken about as if it is...
  10. WTT Contender Almaty 2024 Sep 3-8

    Traveling across the world to get knocked out by your teammate in the first round. Thanks, WTT!
  11. Table Tennis Crisis

    You can't train mental strength apart from technical tools. That is what he meant. This is true. Even Djokovic had to improve his serve, fitness and shot selection. While he speaks about training mental strength with things like breathing, the main point is that how you use your competitive...
  12. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Some of this is open to debate since Ito beat a lot of the top Chinese at ITTF events early but never got a singles WTTC medal while Hayata hasn't beaten a lot of the top Chinese but had a singles medal, but the more I reflect on what you wrote, I can't agree that Hayata has achieved way more...
  13. Table Tennis Crisis

    Nah. Fan Zhendong had a serial mental problem when it came to Ma Long and it wasn't really technical. It was clearly a disintegration to me and had if not happened, I think Ma Long would have been in Houston. FZD has fixed some of those issues now with his performances but it was tough to...
  14. What'd be the good strategies as a defender against a good blocker?

    The details matter - I would say the first thing is to get a record of the match on video to analyze and discuss it with a better player. Sometimes, our opponents are far better than we give them credit for. Sometimes, when I play casually with people who are not table tennis players, they...
  15. Table Tennis Crisis

    To be honest, I think in this case, it might have just been that the early success of OP led him to believe that table tennis is easier than it is. In reality, you can play well against higher level players and have significant gaps in your play that people can pick up on and exploit. One of...
  16. XIOM C55 Impressions and Comparison with H3N

    I guess Butterfly doesn't count because of the prices. Their range make sense. Xiom for me is specially bad even amongst ESN. Joola and Tibhar do a much better job. Gewo is probably most similar to Xiom.
  17. Table Tennis Crisis

    1890 is a strong rating, many players would be happy to be 1890, right now, that is about my current rating. A decade ago, I think it took me about 3 years to get to 1900 and about 4 to get to 2000 and I suspect it is harder now than it was when I did it 10 years ago, as I did in an...
  18. Table Tennis Crisis

    You are a good player, having a level difference between practice and competitive matches is entirely normal. You have to adapt your game to different environment, different opponents, different balls etc. Your opponents look for and target your lowest game, so how you defend against...
  19. German League 2024-2025 Bundesliga Match between Fulda and Ochenhausen TTBL

    Not really. Mizutani has heavily advocated that players go abroad to develop because playing under comfortable conditions in Japan is not going to foster their development and help them adapt to uncomfortable conditions. And for someone like Togami, it is entirely possible that they (his...
  20. German League 2024-2025 Bundesliga Match between Fulda and Ochenhausen TTBL

    I believe they had Calderano, Gauzy and Jha for a short period. While Togami won't be always around, I don't see why he can't be a staple for league matches especially critical ones since Mizutani had something similar going on and was a staple. Calderano same thing, I don't get why he isn't...
Top