Search results

  1. Heming Hu on Equipment

    So I have had this discussion or something like it in various contexts with many people. While some might consider this a "strawman" argument, let's remember that there was a time when backhand topspin/looping was considered a stroke for advanced players and wasn't really taught learners to...
  2. South Korea’s players for Paris

    I was wrong - please see my correction.
  3. South Korea’s players for Paris

    The interesting thing for me at least is that Jang Woojin and Lim Junghoon might play doubles with Cho Daesong playing the double singles role in Teams. This would make Korea pretty formidable. When your highest rated player doesn't play the double singles role, that says something special.
  4. South Korea’s players for Paris

    Olympics has no waiting period internationally, any such waiting period is from the national federation, not ITTF. It is more likely that Ma Jinbao is not a citizen, the nation you play for in WTT tournaments is initially the federation that approved your application to the tour event, not...
  5. SQST squared straight handle

    What's wrong with the Innerforce ZLC ST? You should be able to make your own fairly straight handle with Sandpaper from that.
  6. Dignics 09c vs DHS Hurricane 3 Blue versions

    Dignics 09c is for people who want a rubber that is fast enough to play like a Tenergy or regular Butterfly rubber but is controlled in the short game. Hurricane is for people who want to generate their own power and spin on just about every shot and have the technique, footwork and...
  7. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Great article, too many things worth reading. Just a taste. ≈======= What was the factor that allowed you to be positive? Coach Ooto was replaced by Coach Sakamoto (Ryusuke), and our mentality has changed. I think we were able to beat our opponents in matches because of our mentality, so I...
  8. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    This is a year early for WTTC 2025. But Sora clearly messed up this one. It might have dire consequences if he cannot qualify by ranking. But he is in prime position to do so do it might not matter in the end.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Ton Lodziak discussed this in a video with Lois Peake. Maybe you should check that out and see if it gives you any ideas?
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Job hunting at the moment but for some reasons, I can train a bit more TT while doing it. I had a friend from NJ visit me for Juneteenth and we went to a new local club with a couple of other friends and played matches. I switched to Dignics 05 on my backhand, an old rubber that I had in my...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Train against a good righty backhand pendulum serve it will give you some of the same benefits.
  12. WTT CONTENDER LAGOS 2024

    She is defending champion.
  13. Andro Nuzn 50 and 55

    Many 50 degree rubbers activate way earlier than 55 degrees hence my preference for harder sponge because it tends to activate with thicker contacts which I prefer. But the Nuzn might juat be marketing hype. Time will tell.
  14. Heming Hu on Equipment

    He is not saying to use expensive equipment, he is saying to learn to use modern equipment to learn from the start, rather than using outdated equipment like Mark V or Sriver or Mendo and then changing to boosted DHS/ Spring sponge Butterfly/fast ESN after a few years. There are now...
  15. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    That Yokoi is Sato's teammate but couldn't beat Sato doesn't bode well for.her long term prospects. She is not supposed to lose to.defensive teammates who she has regular practice against so this might be a sign of her not having the game reading skills to.perform at the very highest levels.
  16. Have you "successfully" learned Ma Long's Forehand technique?

    If I didn't know better I would say Archosauraus had cloned an AI version of himself and deployed it in this thread
  17. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    There isn't a good reason not to have a second racket other than that you want to play with what you have been practicing with prior to the match. And no, for players at that level, those small issues can make a huge difference. In fact, people can oppose raising thickness limits because they...
  18. Feedback on my loops against backspin

    You are right, but not necessarily, many good over the table backhand players do well with Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05 as well as with Hurricane 3 or Dignics 09c or K3. In fact I had an experiment just today/yesterday where I was trying to replace my Skyline 3 with Dignics 05 and the results were...
  19. Feedback on my loops against backspin

    Not at all, you're welcome. Just film the same session but with the robot feeding topspin balls and that might be sufficient to see the modifications. Good luck.
Top