Search results

  1. Dignics 09c vs DHS Hurricane 3 Blue versions

    Okay - it would be nice to know how people dummy loop then. The question for most people is not whether they have the same speed, but whether it is possible to create curved arcs that look similar to spinny balls when the stroke is not a spinny stroke and what causes that, is it more spin or...
  2. Dignics 09c vs DHS Hurricane 3 Blue versions

    So you are saying that a no spin ball (dummy loop, no spin serve, no spin chop) cannot have the flight trajectory of a spinny ball (slow spinny loop, backspin serve, spinny chop)? Or that a spinny ball(topspin drive) cannot have the flight trajectory of a no spin ball (smash)?
  3. Dignics 09c vs DHS Hurricane 3 Blue versions

    I prefer to speak of exit angle under specific circumstances instead of throw. One of the things that an old article on tenergy which is no longer available on the butterfly website made clear was thar the exit angle of T05 was higher than T80 which was also higher than T64. So when blocking...
  4. Dignics 09c vs DHS Hurricane 3 Blue versions

    People who play with Hurricane or Skyline can also get high arcs, I am a high arc looper nowadays so I get high arcs with just about anything. And there was a time I was more into low arcs, even when I used T05, I was notorious for playing drives that didn't bounce upwards. Of course my...
  5. WTT Contender Tunis 2024 6/25-6/30

    Truls finally in a winnable tournament. Anything less than a semi-final will be a massive choke job.
  6. Dignics 09c vs DHS Hurricane 3 Blue versions

    That is how I feel about H3 as well, though the Blue Sponge gives you a little extra spin. And I don't boost.
  7. Dignics 09c vs DHS Hurricane 3 Blue versions

    Everyone does this differently, we likely have to see him hit the ball to see what he really means and whether we agree with him or not.
  8. Heming Hu on Equipment

    Yes, I agree, cheap traditional setups are okay for adults that have no desire to train. But this is true in just about any serious sport, high quality equipment has to be mastered and does not make the player. If you aren't putting in the work, equipment doesn't really matter. If you are...
  9. Dignics 09c vs DHS Hurricane 3 Blue versions

    @greenbeanmachine, Pip configurations, topsheet material which influences elasticity and grip as well as pip configuration harmonizing wirh sponge, sponge hardness, sponge compressibility/elasticity all work together to give a rubber its playing characteristics. What a rubber does varies...
  10. What the H3LL did I get myself into this time....

    Yeah, such matches don't teach you much. That Tony managed to even notice you hit your backhand to the middle of the table which means you aren't catching the left side of the ball is why he is a serious coach and I play one on the internet. Obviously you aren't going to become a very physical...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I see it here: https://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=TG2PRO Are they reliable?
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I managed to go to a club today to hit for a bit. Thankfully. there was someone to hit with so I hit for an hour. On my other paddle, I had replaced the Skyline 3 with Dignics 05 as well and wanted to try whether I could play well with the H3 BS combo and Dignics 05 (I played Skyline 2 and...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    When you no longer trust your equipment, it is a good idea to renew it.
  14. SQST squared straight handle

    Can't agree, but everyone's taste is different.
  15. Deng Yaping visits Chinese National Team Paris Olympics Closed Training

    There is clearly some editing but the woman looks a beast that could still dominate players in the top 50 today.
  16. South Korea’s players for Paris

    It really wasn't anything specific to nationality, it was just the original comment made it sound like the problem was Europeans, not the ranking of such players he faced at the feeder vs Cho Daesong's true strength. He is likely top 20, there is nothing surprising about him winning feeders...
  17. What the H3LL did I get myself into this time....

    You played reasonably well then. Posting only the highlights you like is a personal choice. I am pointing out though that such image conservation doesn't really have value for improving your game in my experience. I am saying that it isn't obvious you did but that it doesn't matter when you...
  18. What the H3LL did I get myself into this time....

    IMHO, being embarrassed by your play against a player 500+ points above you (likely closer to and possibly over 1000 points) is a waste of time. If you got more than 3 points in any game that was an achievement. There are things I like about your stroke form (your elbow stabiliry still looks...
  19. Heming Hu on Equipment

    The key is the coaching. Ultimately, if the player isn't bring tested with the right experiences and isn't adapting to their equipment, it won't matter. But people often focus on what happens at the start of the process and not on what happens over time. I am an adult learner and started...
  20. WTT CONTENDER LAGOS 2024

    Dima completes the job as expected.
Top