Search results

  1. Feedback on my loops against backspin

    The thing is that backspin technique and topspin or Block technique are obviously different when you watch a player adjust, but it isn't obvious what you are doing to adjust hence my request. In fact, it is common to adapt to backspin and then start missing topspin vs block because the...
  2. Feedback on my loops against backspin

    This is often a mistake when attacking backspin, the instruction should be to add more spin. In qny case the technique itself looks inadequate to consistently attack backspin as the key elements to compensate for bacjspin are not obvious to me.
  3. Feedback on my loops against backspin

    There are many things not quite right with the technique and/or the feed. The backhand for example seems to be played over the table and in general, quality topspins over the table require a different technique. In general, the technique here is likely to be working on both forehand and...
  4. Reverse Pendelum Serve vs Hook Serve

    Yep. Not as frequently as before but he has it for specific opponents like how Ma Long has it.
  5. Reverse Pendelum Serve vs Hook Serve

    Reverse pendulum serves require a lot of practice to control well. Hook serves are easier to control because the use of the body is and the arm is much more natural.
  6. New Butterfly Hadraw 5

    Okay. Other than outer ply, I tend to take claims about wood plies with a grain of salt but if you have hit with and compared the blades, more power to you.
  7. New Butterfly Hadraw 5

    This Hadraw 5 is not the same as the Hadraw VR which had Wenge. I have the Hadraw VR and yes, it was very springy. So looping off the table wasn't hard even though it was an all wood blade. This Hadraw 5 is more likely to be like the Hadraw VK which is a rebranded Korbel Speed with a normal...
  8. which players have the best serves?

    He can actually serve reverse pendulum when he needs to, but while it looks like one serve when he serves pendulum or straight backspin/no spin, there is a lot of spin and depth variation and he often gets errors like pop ups or pushes into the net. A bit like Kanak Jha but even smaller and...
  9. WTT CONTENDER LAGOS 2024

    No point in playing any more events for Hugo since he may have wrapped up the #4 seed already but he might have to try to block Harimoto but I haven't done the math to be sure he needs ro play Bangkok to do so. I suspect he doesn't. Agreed.
  10. which players have the best serves?

    That's not my view at all, I consider him one of the best servers in the world and in fact, some of his struggles come from opponents not having trouble reading the subtle spin variations of his serve and him coming under pressure when they return it well.
  11. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Odo has won 3 feeders and is not on the radar. While I know she is in need of more events to fill out her event requirement, I think this is minor evidence combined with their pay that feeders are slave labor. Just saying.
  12. WTT CONTENDER LAGOS 2024

    Heard through the grapevine that he is injured, not serious enough to prevent Olympic play, but enough to prevent club and international play.
  13. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2024 06/11-16

    It was against Duda. And while I don't like such behavior as a rule, I have seen tennis players smash rackets and play better afterwards even with the conduct violation. While we all like mature perfection, as long as it is within the rules, the most important thing is to get yourself into a...
  14. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2024 06/11-16

    So are Felix and Hugo. They are forming a layer of consistency beneath the Chinese. The problem is that they are still reliably beneath the Chinese. But I find this consistency more interesting than the kind Harimoto had of beat Fan then losing Dyjas and stuff like that.
  15. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2024 06/11-16

    That was the thought 3 - 4 years ago when she was dominating European juniors but everything takes time - she even lost the French championships thr past two years. So let's be patient lol.
  16. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2024 06/11-16

    I think this is enough but yes, that will make Table tennis a huge focus in Paris.
  17. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2024 06/11-16

    I can't agree on the lack of power sorry. There aren't any more powerful forehands than that in Europe for sure, and I think the same for the backhand now as well. I think sometimes, the opponent has enough quality to slow her down like Shin, but in general, Pavade has overwhelming forehand...
  18. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2024 06/11-16

    Pavade didn't get the memo on European players lol. What a run!
  19. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2024 06/11-16

    I acknowledge the possibility but I don't think the dynamics are as set in that matchup. Sun Yingsha has already beaten Chen Meng in a World Championship final (2023 in Durban). So having a big win over Chen Meng as well as many tour victories means that she can beat Chen in big matches where...
Top