Search results

  1. Saudi Smash 2024

    We are agreeing with different focuses, your term "advanced veteran" underestimates Adam's level. What Adam knows in commentary is not necessarily going to satisfy a better player than Adam, Adam is rated around USATT 2000-2200 (TTR 1700-1900), which is strong enough to satisfy many players...
  2. How well would Ma Lin do in these modern times?

    Ma Long and Koki did it, maybe not as effectively as Ma Lin.
  3. Saudi Smash 2024

    Post meltdown recovery is impressive. Hari-Boy vs Flashy-Felix!
  4. How well would Ma Lin do in these modern times?

    He would need a better backhand but no reason why he wouldn't be a top Chinese player, the guy was a ridiculously special athlete.
  5. Saudi Smash 2024

    Because they didn't expect Wang Manyu to lose so early but they also have know for a long time that Fang and Wang and Sun were in. This not news to anyone. The fact they haven't announced the last woman in Singles is likely their way of saying that Chen Meng has a genuine chance to make it if...
  6. Saudi Smash 2024

    Wow, Felix looks decoded!
  7. Saudi Smash 2024

    Barely scraping by Pucar isn't entirely fair to Harimoto, Harimoto's underestimated edge against most players is his pushing and serving game, but Pucar's height makes it easy for him to attack balls over the table that other players would struggle to get to without giving out major effort and...
  8. Saudi Smash 2024

    Mizutani and Niwa made a serviceable doubles team. I am sure Miwa and Miu will figure it out at some point. One of my high level coach friends remained adamant despite any argument that I gave him that doubles was largely roulette and that I shouldn't read too much into the results. I never...
  9. What is the best ESN Hybrid rubber for FH?

    I don't entirely agree with this, but everyone has different opinions. Advanced players like you can use anything. For a player who is not advanced, the most important thing is to get into the mode of topspinnng on both sides with ease and using something that is designed to facilitate that...
  10. Saudi Smash 2024

    Yeah but how is the Miyuu and Joo Cheonhui pair working out? I am just saying that two righties always have a lot of work to do to get on the same page. They will get better, it is just going to take a lot of work and time, and doubles is rarely prioritized.
  11. Saudi Smash 2024

    By the way, did you notice that the makeshift doubles team we were giving Hirano and Harimoto flack over losing too also beat the Chinese Taipei team 3-0?
  12. Saudi Smash 2024

    One of them is taking the 3rd team spot, they just have to decide who.
  13. Saudi Smash 2024

    DHK still has gaps to cover and levels to grow vs her old self, hoping she can regain more of it.
  14. Saudi Smash 2024

    They are not close to Adam (Adam went as far as to form relationships with players and learn languages), but they are not that uninformed and I don't hate their vibe. The other play-by-play guy has been commentating TT for years and amongst all the guys who don't really understand TT, he is the...
  15. really struggling with long pips (LP) low-med spin

    At a high level, the strategy I will give you right now is how I play just about any pips player including choppers. Start with a lot of (disguised as backspin) float serves into the pips. You can serve them with any major serve you like as long as you can disguise the serve as both heavy...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    No rubber I have ever played with takes power like H3. The problem of course is that the spin up shots Euro style are nothing compared to say Tenergy 05 or even Rakza Z, but the loop kills are singularly special, you wonder how a ball with so much power just doesn't bounce. And I haven't even...
  17. Ma Long will not play 2024 Olympic singles

    The latter is more likely than the former, the criteria werr public and have been highly biased towards thr WTTC last year and Ma Long's inability to beat Wang Chuqin in most events last year pretty much closed the discussion.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    When your play is in disarray, the only way is to EJ lol. I had built a Donic Carbospeed with H3 on both sides but I juat didn't like how it played. I tried to move the rubbers onto other paddles but they just didn't fit. So I stuck them on a Mazunov and they fit. And the bounce didn't seem...
  19. Saudi Smash 2024

    Because based on the criteria initially established (and amended to exclude WYD), those are the only settled qualification competitions. ML"s saving grace for teams might just be that everyone is losing. Otherwise, I suspect his susceptibility would be a bigger issue.
  20. really struggling with long pips (LP) low-med spin

    Usually, failing to beat a long pips player around your level who you play fairly often is a sign that you are just not consistent. And you are honest about this which is good, but dont want to accept the solution (to slow down, and play balls that land on the table and also develop adaptable...
Top