Search results

  1. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Again, Liang reminds us of why the best backhand in the world does not have to flashy, it just has to get the job done under a barrage of pressure. Amazing.
  2. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    That said, she has figured out how to stop relying only on quality vs CM and to double down on consistency and pattern breaking. There is Olympic hope in WM's resolve so far.
  3. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Wang Manyu absolutely hates playing Chen Meng. You can tell it makes her fundamentally uncomfortable even when she gives it a great effort.
  4. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    It is amazing how people can keep the ball short over and over again in doubles, it is just a different level of play and shows you the hard work put into controlling the ball to gain the first attack - if you can do it in doubles, it is second nature in singles.
  5. Should absolute beginners take lessons or just play?

    One of the best ways to identify a good coach (and this is uncommon) is to see how much interest they naturally take in your play when you are not with them.
  6. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    The pendulum itself almost always ends up behind the body, side on serving is very difficult to make clean. Where Ma Long tends to get credit is that his contact is *usually* visible, but his toss almost always goes behind his head, but the racket contact is usually visible. In general, FZD...
  7. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    I don't know about underwhelming, given that Liang was firmly behind even the likes of Jang Woojin and Lin Gaoyuan behind the likes of Koki Niwa, unlike Wang Chuqin who was largely struggling with older teammates. I think that in full context, both Lin and Liang outperformed their youth...
  8. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    It is crazy that we might actually get a triple gold winner in table tennis and a triple gold winner at a WTTC sometime in the future. 2023, he was there, but there was so much respect for FZD that no one ever seriously discussed it. I thought SYS could get there on the women's side but she...
  9. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    For the singles I agree with you, but for the Teams, I think the other teams have upped their game sufficiently that Boll is a better insurance policy than Franziska. Just my opinion.
  10. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Pretty much. Boll will have to get his ranking back into the top 15 to get taken seriously again. But I think Germany will be fine with or without him. They are the European Games champs. Boll will likely be the reserve player in case of injury.
  11. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    You forgot one to-back :D.
  12. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Yeah, it is common "wisdom" to disregard LJK's actual performance level and focus on the hot player of the moment. Boy, he is a big ball of nerves, but he mostly comes through for the coaches.
  13. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Well, the last time, LYJ had match point. I wonder what counters the CNT will have for him. But if he beats LJK, it will be the first.
  14. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    I think the next two matches have quick finish potential.
  15. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    While he should retire soon, this is the last time I underestimate Timo Boll - I will just say I don't know next time I want to pick a winner.
  16. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    You can beat this thing to death, but table tennis is not soccer. And even in soccer, Romario was a chain smoker, there are exceptions, the most important thing is whether your performance is up to par or not. The point is not to advocate for complacency, the point is to be the best version of...
  17. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    If you say so. Professional athleticism is fundamentally evolutionary, so you have to build upon what already exists, anyone who has followed the career of Liang Jingkun knows that this is close to the best physical shape he has ever been in. But people who just want to talk without knowing...
  18. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Well, I guess the good thing is that he is still a top 5 player and 3 time world championship bronze medalist. At a certain point, you have to accept what you are and just make the best of it. He is fit relative to prior versions of himself yet people still fat shame him on the Internet even...
  19. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Don't be fooled, there are reports of Timo having the same injury he had in Houston. And the longer this game goes on, the better for Liang. Timo will get tired after all this whether he wins this game or not.
Top