Search results

  1. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    It could also have easily been 2-2, people see what they want to see.
  2. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Since I didn't discuss women, better to give them their category. WMY didn't change anything for me, but I agree that beating those pipa players was important.
  3. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Taking inventory of this tournament as a whole, Qiu Dang. Liang Jingkun, Cho Daesong and Timo Boll are the big winners by the eye test. Achanta was a big winner but I think his win won't affect as much as the others. Lin Yun Ju. Harimoto and Felix Lebrun stayed fairly level and took what the...
  4. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Well Korea will let us know whether Fan still has something to say or not.
  5. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    It was really amazing, the final confirmed it because Liang brought back balls that his other opponents could not bring back and Wang brought them back with interest. I still am a bit shocked by what I just saw. Yesterday, Anders LInd was saying in WTT youtube comments that this is the...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    If it isn't on video, it never happened. I find that the game is never quite how you remember it lol. But seriously, congrats on getting the feeling of invincibility.
  7. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    That was impressive. Definitely a higher level than I remember seeing from even most players I consider physical.
  8. Graph comparing speed (output) vs input of different rubber types

    Alright - I think without putting tackiness (which is possibly what you mean by Chinese) on the chart, it is hard to understand and hybrid rubbers are the bulk of ESN rubbers nowadays at the professional level on the forehand. Tackiness helps a rubber play with more touch in the short game, and...
  9. Graph comparing speed (output) vs input of different rubber types

    For people serious about looking at the reality of things, substituting logic for data is a bad idea. However, if we do have the data, finding a good story to explain it is a good idea. So you have skipped a step.
  10. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    I think these kinds of narratives around athletes without being familiar with their individual situations, while fair game, are very likely to be naive or completely wrong (after all, FZD and LJK are fatties). The truth is that LYJ has done a lot of physical work to get stronger and Bobrow has...
  11. Awkward state of boosting

    The only way they can tell you boost is you or they bought the original rubber and compared it to the one on your blade, assuming that the your rubber passes the tests around thickness limits. All that is enforced are the thickness limits.
  12. Awkward state of boosting

    It's not that simple, don't assume pros are stupid. Boosting doesn't "soften" the sponge, it increases the compressibility of a sponge. An already compressible sponge might not have the advantages of being hard.
  13. Awkward state of boosting

    This is part of the truth but not the whole truth. Even if it was safe, it might not be universally accessible, and they want to fight an arms race against escalating use of inaccessible and potentially deleterious stuff. But they frown upon PEDs that are broadly safe or taken in low doses so...
  14. Awkward state of boosting

    Not sure what your main argument is, if your racket is within the thickness limits and legal, it is, whether you boost or not is not testable and is up to your personal morality. If they make it legal or not is besides the point at this stage, they want to encourage the purchase of commercially...
  15. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    I will be watching them live regardless.
  16. Why did China not field Wang Manyu after she saved them against India?

    She can play for Women's teams assuming they are being literal. But that said, everyone and their unborn little ones in the womb knew this was coming already - WYD was just pretending not to know. The two losses to Hayata closed the discussion but then another loss to Hirano, another loss to...
  17. Why did China not field Wang Manyu after she saved them against India?

    China will always be China! They keep the main thing the main thing.
  18. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    You can't blame him for losing to GS champion below the neck. The versatility and consistency of Liang was borderline supernatural on some points, some of the best counteroffensive TT I have seen in a while. I actually forgave LJK for going reverse‐Haribauer on almost every point.
  19. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    I agree on result but i expect the WCQ to have to solve LJK in real time and i don't think footwork or serve receive will be the deciding factors, it will be whether WCQ is humble enough to play away from LJK's backhand. I think the main reason LJK terrorizes lefties is that they keep trying...
  20. Should absolute beginners take lessons or just play?

    You don't need a lot of formal instruction exclusively or immediately but the earlier you get some, the better. Recording your sessions and using them to improve your play can be helpful. More coaching tends to be better than less once you find the right coach (and invest some time in finding...
Top