Search results

  1. WTT Star Contender Doha 2024

    I don't think the matchup will help him but I think being able to out backhand Liang Jingkun is good enough for me.
  2. Major League Table Tennis (MLTT)

    Not something to be taken seriously.
  3. Backhand topspin tutorials are useless

    The thing is that there are also many backhand topspin techniques. What I consider the classic one that most people who just want to spin should learn is the one that coach Hoang teaches here. If you can do this technique, then you can evolve to other variations later. But if your backhand...
  4. WTT Star Contender Doha 2024

    It was more like the shots that were winning points in the last match kept coming back and that Miwa had to deal with game 5 Sun Yingsha from the last match all through this match. It didn't look like a bashing but the scoreline just showed it was.
  5. WTT Star Contender Doha 2024

    Very ugly for Miwa... Looks like all the enemies of China are being crushed underfoot...
  6. Backhand topspin tutorials are useless

    The differences are not worth making a big deal about, JYS could probably imitate that backhand if asked to, and Fan can definitely imitate JYS backhand if asked to. JYS takes his backhand a bit earlier and more for speed than Fan, Fan is practicing controlled backhand looping vs block in that...
  7. Backhand topspin tutorials are useless

    I have taught many people backhand, so I clearly disagree. In fact, from a conceptual standpoint, I teach the backhand in my head the same way Pitchford teaches it, I teach people to hit the ball solidly off center (on the side) and then supinate around the ball either upwards for backspin or...
  8. Backhand topspin tutorials are useless

    I'm also talking about the one's in zeio's video. Those are almost all off the bounce countertopspins played with different degrees of spin and speed/control. As I explained, he was trying to explain the use of the hips and the legs similar to how one plays the forehand, but claiming it was...
  9. WTT Star Contender Doha 2024

    Harimoto now a training partner only at this event lol...
  10. WTT Star Contender Doha 2024

    wow... down goes Harimoto....
  11. WTT Star Contender Doha 2024

    Fan Zhendong cs Franziska on table 4. Way to promote the sport though to be fair, it is still on TV.
  12. WTT Star Contender Doha 2024

    You're overthinking this, he is on the current Olympic team and with FZD as #1, WCQ and ML are the Olympics doubles team.
  13. Backhand topspin tutorials are useless

    This is true for both forehand and backhand, the speed of the game requires you to take early backswings while moving (cross and semi-cross footwork) and to swing at the ball while moving. But Musaab isn't even discussing this scenario, he is seeing something in very basic backhand...
  14. Backhand topspin tutorials are useless

    Why do you think those are counters and blocks? And where precisely in those videos do you see him taking it from the side? He is showing how to use the body to generate power, but the mechanism is not visible on most of his shots (I have seen Wang Hao show similar things). The main thing I...
  15. Backhand topspin tutorials are useless

    This is technically true for optimization, but in a general context, even with the nuanced biomechanics, one can just mirror stuff and have decently good results. But I agree for optimal technique especially in practical play, the nuances matter a lot.
  16. Backhand topspin tutorials are useless

    I learned TT as an adult too, started in 2011, so regardless, there is no alternative to putting in the time. The problem is the list, when you have a list, it means you have not understood what to do and you are following conscious process, and conscious process is a no-no in something as fast...
  17. Backhand topspin tutorials are useless

    Your framing of the technique probably reflects your understanding of it. Even in forehand looping, players take the ball at different positions relative to their body.
  18. Backhand topspin tutorials are useless

    The backhand can be an arm thing just as the forehand can be an arm thing. You can throw frisbees with your arm no? But you can also throw them with bigger use of the body. IT doesn't even have to be rotation, just coiling the lower arm can generate a lot of power. The first and most...
  19. WTT Star Contender Doha 2024

    Good to see Uda back on tour and playing well.
  20. WTT Star Contender Doha 2024

    Wasn't it a round of 64 match?
Top