Search results

  1. WTT Finals Men Doha 2023

    Okay. Don't think I agree on that one. IT was a well played match, but Felix obviously was not as aggressive on serve return as he usually is.
  2. WTT Finals Men Doha 2023

    The Dima vs Harimoto match was the closest that one could find to that lol.
  3. WTT Finals Men Doha 2023

    It's called "returning a hidden serve badly".
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Start your stroke with your racket feeling open and swing to your finish position. It gets smoother as you follow the shape of the ball more and more and time the ball better over time. Or just do the exercise in the video to get a feel for hitting and it will translate over time to how you...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I won't focus too much on speaking for him - there are few concepts he is trying to communicate in there but my understanding of them are as follows: 1) spin neutralizing angle/contact point and swing trajectory. 2) learning to use it to play relatively flat shots 3) making your spin shot a...
  6. I am looking for that 'effortless forehand topspin mechanics' tip

    Throwing, frisbee, cracking whip, saluting aggressively all work for forehand as well. Get the legs stronger - Anders Lind made some good videos on drills that will help - Forehand is essentially a lower body and footwork stroke in a way that the backhand isn't quite:
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I used to do a backhand version of what Ti Long does here around 4:40 in, just smaller and flatter because it was the backhand - similar to the pancake flipping that Ma Long sometimes does on the backhand:
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes, he is right, but I think sometimes, these discussions can be confusing when not all the variables are discussed. I almost never talk about lifting backspin, I tell people to thing of making a bigger spin circle. The popular video from Ti Long does explain the steps in angle adjustment...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Mental models and swing executions and their mappings onto each other are unique for every individual and this is what makes coaching fun and frustrating at the same time. I have seen 2200+ players hit the ball exactly as you describe it for what it is worth. They impart that sidespin and...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It can be a timing issue for people who don't control their swings independent of their body rotation - it is also easier to hit the ball cross court when you take it earlier and down the line when you take it earlier (if you look at what happens on a circular/curvilinear path, this makes...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Hit the left side of the ball much more, continue to hit more extreme points on the left side of the ball and try different follow through until you get the effect you want. It is easier to go wide when pulled wide or when you get a shorter ball.
  12. Dwell Time .....

    The combativeness is largely because by reopening the thread, you wittingly or unwittingly are encouraging a guy who repeatedly enjoys claiming his supposed understanding of the physics enables him to rudely tell others how they should play or select equipment etc and that such expertise...
  13. Dwell Time .....

    It's a bit self-serving to argue that one can understand the physics of the game at a significant level and not play or coach or even design TT equipment well enough to show such understanding has utility. It would be similar to claiming to be a brilliant civil engineer but being unable to...
  14. Dwell Time .....

    That's the issue: a 1600 player at best (with a tail wind making up 200 of those points) telling a 2200+ player with confidence what improves table tennis play and what is and isn't bad advice without any reservations about his limitations. You can't make this stuff up. Baal was not delusional...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Sounds like a good day without great breaks. We just have to hope we can stay in it long enough tk get great breaks. I think between work and family, I might have to take a break again this year. My parents and kids are getting older and I really need to reorganize a lot of stuff. Hoping I...
  16. Which is better value for money Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05?

    in practice, people who are not pros rarely push a rubber to its max and Dignics has a harder to access spin potential, but a higher one as well. People who play in the playing zone of professionals or closer to it will probably experience the Butterfly claims. But most mortals will not get...
  17. Which is better value for money Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05?

    The thing is that your skill level and tastes evolve as you compete and improve. So in 5 years time, the rubber you find unusable today is what you might need to improve.
  18. Which is better value for money Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05?

    I think this is closer to the truth for most players and is why Butterfly raised the price.
  19. Which is better value for money Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05?

    It depends for sure, I would say people who prefer the medium sponge stuff are more into rallying and people who prefer the harder stuff are more into powerful attacking. With the new ball, T05 just doesn't have the same venom especially on the forehand. But for someone who wants to keep...
  20. Which is better value for money Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05?

    T05 generates more spin at lower impacts, but D05 is much better behaved on passive shots because of this and generates more spin at higher impacts. I am trying out D05 right now but it will be a while before I can decide whether I can use it or whether I should go back to Rakza Z. It is just...
Top