Search results

  1. Can you "quick-clean" your hybrid rubber with your breath and palms?

    I play with sticky rubbers (Golden Tango. Razka Z, Rakza Z EH) and do this all the time. The cover sheets are what preserve the tack, not how you clean them. As long as you use the cover sheets to prevent dust and oxidation, they will stay sticky.
  2. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    This is IMHO clearly throwing the match while using it to collect information.
  3. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    Hurricane Hirano did not help calm discussion over not playing vs South Korea lol.
  4. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    He believes that Harimoto should be unbeatable given his results and growth trajectory as a youth. Anything short of that would validate his theory as long as the victories are not at majors.
  5. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    Other than a few players from one country (China) in the TT landscape, who has won the big titles? Thanks.
  6. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    I was hoping to give him time to volunteer his opinion unsolicited since this is the weekend. We will hopefully also get to see Jang vs FZD, though I suspect that Lim may get the call for that matchup.
  7. Xu Xin vs Adam Bobrow

    The shakehand restriction was not a restriction, nor is the small racket - those restrictions I have seen before and they drop your level by at most 300 points, I don't practice penhold or Seemiller and I can play decent with either. The real restrictions were all the ones that Adam won - using...
  8. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    It's a bit sad that he is forced to retire so early. Hoping something can miraculously happen for him medically in the next few months, but if not, best of luck and thanks for a lot of thrilling matches. When I think of ninja table tennis, he is one of the first players that comes to mind.
  9. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    One point to make - Lim and Jang were Vice WTTC Champions in MD in 2021 *and* 2023. They are not an ordinary doubles team. I struggle to remember the last time Harimoto actually played doubles with Togami as his partner. Add the lack of lefties and it just isn't even a serious conversation...
  10. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    Results are basically decided unless some miracle results happen. This was the only really meaningful match in the event.
  11. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    There are rules around building the teams that limit the combinations of players you can pair together. But they only had two mixed doubles combinations anyways and Sora, who is Miwa's true doubles partner, prioritized the WJTTC. For the most part, Japan pretty much brought the stars that...
  12. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    It was clear that Japanese MD was trash, Sweden exposed that. I am surprised that Hayata especially could not see the urgency.
  13. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    That they don't have a high level lefty like Uda or Matsushima for this format is just a function of things not completely their fault. That said, the games with Jang Woojin and Harimoto have been close recently and coin flips are coin flips. Some people will never change their minds, even as...
  14. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    The funny thing about Japan is that I think their men will lose 0-3 but even if they won, there is no guarantee guarantee their women will close, which is really sad.
  15. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    Japan could not have chosen this order.
  16. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    It felt like he was ready to protest even before the serve was completed.
  17. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    As zeio has pointed out, Gauzy has made this point repeatedly on social media. But I think people are wasting their time on this one until we have AI making these calls.
  18. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2023, Chengdu, 12/4-10

    That's one benefit to the number of matches, people need to rest so that is their incentive to rotate players wisely. Really looking forward to Korea vs Japan in a few hours, it is probably the only really meaningful match of the whole event lol.
  19. Chen Meng using Fan Zhendong Super ALC

    I think she was a ZJK SZLC user before switching to the Viscaria SALC. She probably has a mild identity crisis or is promoting the desires of her sponsors in interviews.
  20. Chen Meng using Fan Zhendong Super ALC

    That's not the right analogy, the right analogy is that this spin thing doesn't bother any of my opponents, I need to make the ball go faster.
Top