Search results

  1. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Obviously, but the backhand makes everything work. I am not saying he didn't improve the other stuff, but even the backhand improved as well.
  2. WTT Feeder Otocec 2023

    This one is for Wrighty67...
  3. World #90 Iba Diaw loses to Unranked Female Opponent, Calls Cheating!

    This is a huge problem with the modern internet, and I hope the creators of that video and channel take this to heart. There were many ways of framing the issue in my opinion and it could have done better if that issue was discussed apart from the Westchester highlights. But chasing views and...
  4. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    There was one point I saw him cho, it was so quiet you had to see his lips to know he was choing lol.... that was the first time I had ever noticed it clearly though.
  5. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    How does Lin Yun Ju with a such a strong backhand make it even stronger? It is a reminder to double down in your strengths and stop over thinking your weaknesses.
  6. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    The one thing that Ma Long did clearly on a different level was that he anticipated and killed Felix's topspin serves. Felix gets into rallies with a lot of those but here he was just seeing the ball put past him. I used to wonder how Felix could get away with serving so much long topspin and...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yesterday, I went to a neighbor's house. He has a table in his garage and I played a few matches with him and his friend and kids, all to 21, lowest handicap 15, largest handicap 18. I don't think I won any of the 18 handicaps and I won most of the 15s though I might have lost a couple. It...
  8. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    I watched the highlights again and I think I can cut her some slack. I think Wang Manyu's shovel serve increasingly became harder to read and that threw her off considerably. I think over time, with that experience, the gap will close now Hayata has at least experienced it.
  9. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    He was using an analogy to make a point, maybe it wasn't quite right, but it should be taken as an isolated story to illustrate a point he was trying to make. Nothing to do with the actuals net worth of Ma Long and Felix Lebrun, but a broader point about experience vs talent (again which you...
  10. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Its partly the historical status of the pendulum serve as many pendulum servers have similar issues. Also, Ma Long doesn't always hide the contact so much as have the ball fall behind the plane of his head/back making it harder to keep track of the ball throughout the toss. But my biggest...
  11. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Let's not forget the mysterious let. His play today made Harimoto look more respectable.
  12. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Nah. This was clearly a case of working on something specific. His forehand penetration has been subtly better.
  13. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    I think this is a very unfair read of the match.
  14. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    This is old news, we will fix this after Ma Long retires lol.
  15. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    We have a new match of the year!
  16. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    I actually best of 7 favors Ma Long, it is more his pace, it gives him a chance to learn and try things.
  17. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    The last time she played Hayata was the first time I visibly saw her give up. To come back from that to this where she out played Hayata for 3 and a half games but forgot it was a good idea to call a timeout when the opponent was down and trying to make a come back was amazing to see. And she...
  18. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Man, I really need to stay on my meds.
  19. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    They could still send Ito and make Miwa the reserve player.
  20. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Will Harimoto lose to LYJ for the first time?
Top