Search results

  1. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    I suspect there will be a push for Bernie's toss to be more tightly umpired. It's not blatantly illegal but that toss is often suspicious either in height or trajectory and it isn't a sharp toss (the palm follows the ball a bit thereby making a reading of the toss height harder).
  2. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Felix the Flash Lebrun is probably faster in terms of rallying speed than any player on tour right now, slowing him down is really hard, for me the fact that Dima could match up said a lot about Dima's level as a historic player. And the fact that Lim managed to beat him in French League says a...
  3. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Something is in the water... Dima is the fave for tomorrow... Where are my meds...
  4. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    I hear you, I am just pointing out that as much as Hayata has "matured", she hasn't done anything that Hirano and Ito didn't do years ago. So it isn't entirely clear that maturity works the way you think it does, though I sympathize with your arguments, to be honest. But on the point of Miwa...
  5. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    I get your point but you make it sound like those junior stars were performing badly when for the most part, they were just unable to beat the Chinese. Miwa might be no different. Hayata's natural growth as you describe it is neither here nor there. She still hasn't achieved anything with her...
  6. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    It should be purely in in-year performance on WTT events driving this.
  7. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Sun Yingsha and Wang Manyu had more blockers yes, but Sun Yingsha was already winning ITTF Senior level events in 2017. https://www.ittf.com/2017/12/22/sun-yingshas-sensational-2017/ There really is no disagreement here, the point we are making is about level of play, your point is about...
  8. Two new Cybershapes from Stiga (Clipper & AC)

    I think it will show whether the Cybershape is as innovative as the blade composition, which I think when you look at the Inspira, might be the true hero of the Cybershape performance.
  9. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    So if Harimoto's parents had moved to Korea and not Japan, he would be a gold medallist? :unsure:
  10. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    He won the first to give us false hope - still there is something in the water...
  11. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Lee had a big backhand stroke that used to break down in these situations I will atch again to see what they did to get him to match up with Fan. Fan probably couldn't adjust to the increased aggression when the stable gameplan wasn't working.
  12. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    I think the coaches desire that to be honest.
  13. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Easily the best backhand play I have ever seen Lee Sang Su display in his career. Not even controversial.
  14. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    I hear you, but I do think Miwa even aging naturally can do well enough at a younger age. It's not like Sun Yingsha and Wang Manyu were aging unnaturally when they were competitive at younger ages.
  15. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Exactly - but this will not be her level in 3 months, but I don't think 3 months will be enough. But Hayata is the very specific problem, and these losses take a psychological toll over time. If someone else manages to beat Hayata, then Miwa has a chance. But Kihara is not chopped liver either.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Since you are a strong guy, a lot of stuff in table tennis responds positively to grip adjustments and practice. What you are saying makes perfect sense to me.
  17. Looking for light rubbers (coming from Rakza 7)

    Carpal tunnel sometimes has sugar/carbohydrates consumption causes. Just be careful you aren't overdoing them as a source of fuel. Good strength training can fix just about anything that isn't congenital (and sometimes mitigates stuff that is). Just make sure you have figured out the cause if...
  18. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Miwa comes out very nervous. Will it make her more relaxed or is it going to stay this way lol?
  19. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Aruna's last match against Groth was similarly ugly - Groth has a very Timo Boll copycat style that on some days rivals Boll, never easy to deal with. Omar knew he had to rep Africa properly, and since he has beaten Truls, why not Kallberg? Harimoto fought really hard, I thought it was not...
Top