Search results

  1. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    You may have missed the Asian Cup last year then to be honest.
  2. Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard vs Golden Tango PS and Golden Tango

    With Rakza Z EH, it might be bias, but I am doing things on my backhand I don't remember doing with quite the same confidence with GT. But since the blade is also different, I will get a more objective comp this weekend.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    There are many ways to get there, but as in all things, it is best to do whatever you are learning at a pace that lets you develop strength and recover and get the sequencing right, and then build it up over time. Taking light weights and doing wrist flexibility exercises with flexion and...
  4. Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard vs Golden Tango PS and Golden Tango

    Pretty good on a Szocs Signature 1. I just removed it, going to put on Golden Tango and try that this weekend and then I will be able to do a more objective comparison of both. I think out of the packet, GT seems stickier for sure. Maybe I will go with GT on forehand and Rakza Z EH on...
  5. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Gauzy has the ultimate advantage - being a Frenchman, he relieves Lebrun of his coach in these tour matches. And that is one of the biggest things that affects a junior - lack of strategic guidance.
  6. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    Yes, I have to see that first to be convinced.
  7. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    I think we only have a new Miwa when she beats Hayata without controversy IMHO. I didn't think Ito and Hirano were outside her range.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It's a night and day difference and it is the most invisible thing that differentiates good players from lower rated players and it is often why it is hard for players at different levels to discuss the game meaningfully. Don't get me wrong, footwork and all the other stuff matters but with...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Definitely record the matches and training, if you are investing as much time as you are in your game, you need to invest in a setup of some sort that lets you capture footage easily without much thought so you can review it on demand. The ability to convert self awareness into better play is...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Full length version: Note to self: stop this bad habit of wiping yourself with your shirt and revealing your drawers and buy enough towels and use them during the breaks!
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I will upload the raw footage just so you can get started - I will work on the edits next weekend when I have time for people who don't have the time to waste lol. Diagnose away! BRB...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So many things cause problems in table tennis that require different diagnoses at different times. I know as adults logicians, we are used to speaking in general terms, but most table tennis solutions can be very different depending on many things, and even the specific day you are playing...
  13. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I think he is talking about his reason for using pips in the past (usually to enhance serve return) and saying he used inverted on both sides in this video and asking whether he should just do that instead.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Do you record yourself when you play or practice? Usually, my first place to refer players at your level for tips is Tom Lodziak. You can search for just about any topic and get an informed take on it.
  15. Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard vs Golden Tango PS and Golden Tango

    Extra Hard yes. Haven't tried regular Rakza Z yet. I don't play every day and I am testing a few things and I am competing later this month. So it might be a while. But I need to settle the Extra Hard vs Golden Tango question first.
  16. Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard vs Golden Tango PS and Golden Tango

    Does anyone know what the Tibhar equivalent of Golden Tango is? It is definitely not K3. Maybe K2 or K1?
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Short topspin is a bit of an illusion. It drifts longer than most people realize and you can usually attack it pretty hard late (taking it early can actually be dangerous if it kicks). The problem of course is that if it really was backspin and you are forced to push,any people don't practice...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Played an event today. Prep was compromised and work and life have gotten too busy so I couldn't go to a club to train this week. Also got only 4 hours of sleep so this was going to be interesting. But it is always fun to play since I don't have any big stakes anymore. I was the #3 seed...
  19. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    They do if it gives other countries chances for lower medals. It's all about perspective.
  20. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

    China avoided this by making most of their women's top seeds. Every country is suffering some form of it under the new rules that don't separate countries anymore, new rules which were paradoxically designed to reduce Chinese (and to a lesser degree female Japanese) dominance of the latter...
Top