Search results

  1. Rakza Z successor

    K3 is probably your best bet, though if you got rid of the sticky requirement, things like Dignics 05 are also reasonable.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The pendulum serve has an interesting history, as does serving in general. Most pendulum serves have the exact problem that you describe and most of the time, they are not deemed illegal in any meaningful way because the contact itself is usually visible, especially to a someone with the same...
  3. hybrid rubbers for backhand

    I recommend K3 - lots of people who use it on forehand just use it as well on backhand because they find it just makes sense. Of course it has some performance degradation, but it is still a decent rubber after depending on how you play.
  4. For those who can't cut rubbers, STIGA presents...

    Yeah, you have to care about the way your paddle looks to care about such stuff. I determined aeons ago that the way my paddle looks has very little to do with how well it plays.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Since I gave an incomplete answer, let me add one more point - it is very important in table tennis IMHO to gather information from your "mistakes" as well as your makes. People who only think a shot is good when the ball lands on the table fail to use their mistakes to adjust. If you use your...
  6. For those who can't cut rubbers, STIGA presents...

    Yeah, I think they just aren't serial EJs like us, so they don't need to save money lol.
  7. Stiga Carbonado for 70$ from AliExpress

    Usually true but not always true in my experience. Weird anomalies do happen.
  8. Stiga Carbonado for 70$ from AliExpress

    In that case, we almost all buy fakes, no?
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Find a training partner, let him serve you the serves, and use your strokes and you will adapt quickly. One of the biggest mistakes in TT when people learn at an age where they have language skills is that they overly think about things that are best learned and mastered with trial and error...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I went into the gym where we meet up to play on Sunday. The dangers of EJing are creeping back into my game lol as I have 4 setups with which I play fairly indistinguishably. I took a lesson and actually managed to record some of it. Then I played my lefty hitting partner and as always it...
  11. For those who can't cut rubbers, STIGA presents...

    You're right. I do think that there are important differences between what tennis players do and what table tennis players do in terms of equipment, but in the end, if you feel confident that someone is building your rackets for you and you play well with them, then it probably saves time. I...
  12. For those who can't cut rubbers, STIGA presents...

    You will be surprised - the number of players around me who let third parties put together their setups is surprisingly high. So many good players, especially since speed gluing went away, don't put together their blade. Mind boggling to me but true.
  13. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Yeah, but it isn't necessarily more meaningful or more exciting to watch. And Felix and Dima compete favorably at that speed when their games are on, so I am okay with the comparison.
  14. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    Takkyu brought this up and I agree, I just tend to separate the men and the women's games. And I could take the Asian Games match with Hayata-WYD as well. Not as prolonged a final set but very dramatic and historic as well.
  15. Tibhar Force Pro Blue (Why are Stiff blades better for short pimples?)

    With the plastic ball, I suspect they have made almost everything slightly faster.
  16. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    This is the other match that qualifies for me. I wasn't really intrigued by Ma Long FZD at the Asian Champs but everyone is different for sure.
  17. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    I usually don't mix the sexes with these awards but I can accept that, either of the two matches as a matter of fact.
  18. For those who can't cut rubbers, STIGA presents...

    Doing so will just make it clearer that there isn't much special about the shape and that it only sells blades that have good composition already.
  19. WTT Contender Antalya 2023

    I was hoping you would cite your match of the year contender.
Top